Author Topic: Hello from Germany  (Read 1853 times)

Offline Sarcococca

Re: Hello from Germany
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2015, 04:00:08 AM »
Thanks a lot to all mates here and for the friendly welcome!

Offline rhwinter

Re: Hello from Germany
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2015, 05:38:45 AM »
Hi Dirk,

welcome to our forum and greetings from Bonn, Germany. Well now we have a problem due to our first names, I guess  ;)

Dirk

It seems Dirk is a frequently name! :)

Hi Dirk, here's another "hello" from Germany!

I found, you are interested in post-armistice SPAD XIIIs from the "Hat in the Ring" gang: I am doing some research in an event called "3rd Army Carnival" which took place at Koblenz late in April 1919. During that "Carnival" some planes of the US occupation Forces were on display, which I find very interesting from a modeller's point of view/wish... One of those planes was a SPAD XIII, formerly Reed Chamber's plane from the "Hat in the Ring" squadron, still colourfully painted as a "showbird" with "Stars and Stripes" (http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Third_Army_Coblenz_Airshow_-_SPAD_XIII.jpg).
My question: Do you have some more sources, hints at good literature etc. on the USAS, post-armistice and on occupation duty in the Rhineland, you might want to share with me? Sure I'd be glad, if I could help you out too!
Richard

I do not have more sources as those found on research via internet. I believe you will have this Information also found!
Sorry.

Thanks, Dirk! Yes that's true: I probably have all the internet offers, plus literature and archival sources, but I can't stop gathering...!