Author Topic: Great to meet a fellow forum member in person  (Read 682 times)

Offline Epeeman

Great to meet a fellow forum member in person
« on: November 16, 2014, 08:32:16 AM »
All,

I've recently joined a local model club (Gravesham Military Modelling Society) who meet once a month at Chalk Parish Hall near Gravesend in Kent.  The club had another prospective member visit this afternoon - none other than 'Lone Modeller' a fellow member of this forum.

Great to be able to actually meet in person and put a face to a name - welcome to the club, LM - really enjoyed meeting and talking with you mate!

LM bought along his scratch built Bleriot Pengiun and the Airfix Albatros DV - absolutely superb models - photographs simply do not do these kits true justice.  I was particularly impressed with the detailing work on the Airfix DV - I just could not believe this was actually the ancient Airfix kit ...........

I'll leave it to LM to use his true Christian name in case he wishes to remain known as Lone Modeller here.

If there are any English forum members who live either in Kent or surrounding home counties, I would love to see you there (if interested of course) and I know you would receive a warm welcome from this very friendly model club.

Regards

Dave

As we say in fencing, what's the point?

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Re: Great to meet a fellow forum member in person
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 08:45:37 AM »
Good for you guy's . Always nice to connect with those who we meet online face to face  :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline ALBATROS1234

Re: Great to meet a fellow forum member in person
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 04:46:03 PM »
although not the same as meeting face to face this is why i really like the featured modeller section of this site. it really makes a difference when you make these friends online,connections with people of like mind,good people. when you get to see there face it puts everything in context. maybe someday we can see your face terri been knowing you since 2008 or so.