Author Topic: Latest acquisition in your collection  (Read 367285 times)

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
Re: Latest acquisition in your collection
« Reply #105 on: December 09, 2012, 04:05:01 AM »
Well the Fokker DEE VEE EYE EYE as my lady and I jokingly call it arrived yesterday only to be a) dinged with an $18.65 customs charge ($5.00 of which is simply the charge for processing it) and then b) scooped away until Christmas morning. This is a first for a WNW to be stopped by customs. Never in 4 years and then at the busiest time of year for them - bang. All well, at least its here...kinda..

Steve

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #106 on: December 09, 2012, 08:08:48 AM »
OUCH - what a bummer to have a customs charge whacked on, and what a cheek charging $5 for processing, don't these guys already get paid to process parcels?????

Did you at least have a chance to look inside the box before it was whisked away and placed under the Christmas tree.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline pepperman42

« Reply #107 on: December 09, 2012, 10:06:14 AM »
Not even a peek!! Looked in the end of the shipping box and away it went. What am I going to do? I have nothing else to build........

Steve

Offline AROTH

« Reply #108 on: December 09, 2012, 11:50:56 AM »
My WNW Hannover arrived today.............

Offline Ollie

« Reply #109 on: December 09, 2012, 03:00:02 PM »
My order from WNW finally arrived today (ordered 27 Nov):

Gotha G. IV
Pfalz D. III
Pfalz D. XII
Fokker D. VII (Fok)
Fokker D. VII (Alb)
Fokker D. VII (OAW)

Now I need to start on the Roden Fokker Dr. I and adding to the stash  ;D
Ollie

Offline Epeeman

« Reply #110 on: December 09, 2012, 09:16:49 PM »
My order from WNW finally arrived today (ordered 27 Nov):

Gotha G. IV
Pfalz D. III
Pfalz D. XII
Fokker D. VII (Fok)
Fokker D. VII (Alb)
Fokker D. VII (OAW)

Now I need to start on the Roden Fokker Dr. I and adding to the stash  ;D
Ollie

Blimey, Ollie - you are going to be busy!!! envy you buying all those WNW kits too ............!

I'm still awaiting my recent WNW order - have the Fokker DVII (Fok version) and SE5a on (hopefully) the way - can't wait to receive them!!

I'm starting wonder if a WNW Fokker DVII group build would be a good idea given all our rush to hold of them?

Regards

Dave
As we say in fencing, what's the point?

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #111 on: December 10, 2012, 07:10:39 AM »
Received my latest order from Wingnuts just ten minutes ago, the Fokker D.VII (Albatros) and the Hannover, I am very impressed with the box contents.

Des.

Offline Ollie

« Reply #112 on: December 10, 2012, 02:22:47 PM »

Blimey, Ollie - you are going to be busy!!! envy you buying all those WNW kits too ............!

I'm still awaiting my recent WNW order - have the Fokker DVII (Fok version) and SE5a on (hopefully) the way - can't wait to receive them!!

I'm starting wonder if a WNW Fokker DVII group build would be a good idea given all our rush to hold of them?

Regards

Dave

Dave,
I've been saving up to buy something for a while now and this was just to good of a time to buy. And since it's a start in WW I Modeling for me I can't go wrong. Yes I think a group build would be great but wait a few till everyone has there's. Seems like some are still waiting to get them.

Ollie

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #113 on: December 10, 2012, 11:46:10 PM »

Regards

Dave

Dave,
I've been saving up to buy something for a while now and this was just to good of a time to buy. And since it's a start in WW I Modeling for me I can't go wrong. Yes I think a group build would be great but wait a few till everyone has there's. Seems like some are still waiting to get them.

Ollie

Ollie has a good point; there's been numerous notices of "waiting for Santa". Given the possibility of any of three versions the element of surprise is alive and doing well in our little worlds.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline pepperman42

« Reply #114 on: December 10, 2012, 11:57:09 PM »
Wow thats a holly jolly Ollie gift to you.

Steve

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #115 on: December 12, 2012, 02:01:21 AM »
Received my latest order from Wingnuts just ten minutes ago, the Fokker D.VII (Albatros) and the Hannover, I am very impressed with the box contents.

Des.

Des,
I can't wait to see what you'll do with your brand new Hannover my old friend. One thing for certain it will Outstanding.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #116 on: December 12, 2012, 06:11:52 AM »
Thanks very much Gregory, I will try to do my best. I have started the build log page over on my website, nothing to show yet but I spent the night reading the instructions and checking sprues for part locations. This is an absolutely brilliant kit with incredible detail and very finely moulded parts, work will commence today so it may be a few days before the first photos appear on my build log.

Des.

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #117 on: December 12, 2012, 06:56:57 AM »
Excellent Des. I'll be watching and following on both sites my old friend.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette

PS: Haven't ordered mine yet,waiting until after Christmas.Still haven't caught a peek at the DH-2 and the Tripes yet. Cheryl has those three under lock and key until Christmas. Now all I can do is to convince her one of the kits for my birthday which is sooner.
" What Me Worry"

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #118 on: December 12, 2012, 07:20:21 AM »
Great choice Des!  Leading the way on this one for us.  ;D  My Hannover arrived yesterday, and it looks just beautiful, but with the Pup to complete and the Lloyd over in the Group Build waiting (plus assorted other kits whispering to me!), it will be some time until I'm ready to tackle it.  I can rationlize this by sdaying that I'm waiting for Rowan's new Hannover sheet.  ;)

Have fun with this build.  We're all looking forward to it.  :)

Regards,

Bob

Offline Checkers67

« Reply #119 on: December 12, 2012, 01:24:48 PM »
So how often are WnW orders subjected to customs fees? I plan on buying a Hanna next month.
Steve