Author Topic: Bristol F2B Post War from WNW  (Read 2345 times)

Offline Thumbs up

Re: Bristol F2B Post War from WNW
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2015, 09:23:44 PM »
Is there much difference between this version and the war version???

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2015, 10:34:29 PM »
Thumbs, have a look at WnW's Website:  http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/product?productid=3096 and here http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/product?productid=3087. you can see that at least one of those post war versions had a different tailplane. Tough the main difference will be the paint schemes, which will be NOT only PC10 and12!

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2015, 05:26:40 AM »
I wish they gave an option with Hispano Suiza - there are so many Polish subjects!
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline ermeio

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2015, 05:59:54 AM »
Is there much difference between this version and the war version???

Post war modifications were numerous and included modified engine cowlings and radiator slats for improved cooling, longer exhaust manifolds, an auxiliary "tropical" radiator, modified instrument board and a larger balanced rudder. Some very late serving aircraft could also be found with variable pitch propellers, a larger horizontal tailplane and leading edge slats on the top wings.
WNW says that they include these modifications in their new model.
I will not resist to this version. Actually I modified the airfix model to the post war version, since this latter was featured in the "Storia dell'Aviazione encyclopedy", the weekly booklets that formed an entire generation of italian modelers: this encyclopedia featured Airfix and Revell models as "give-away" each third weekly installment...

Offline the great waldo

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2015, 06:15:34 AM »

I wish they gave an option with Hispano Suiza - there are so many Polish subjects!

I'll second that.

Andrew

Offline Captain Slower

• Every Dog Has His Day
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2015, 11:56:31 AM »
It is interesting that we have known about the two post-war aircraft for over a year now and that since these are development of existing kits, I am surprised they were held back this long.  Though I realize that WNW had mentioned that the AEG had development issues that delayed its release.

I wonder what's cooking besides the Camel?

mike in calif

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2015, 01:39:53 AM »
Not too sure on the 1920s brisfit, but I'd like to get the post-war ninack. cool painting though.
 I also saw the "special" on the pair of Fe2bs + book is already sold out. Does that mean the Fee is close to extinction, I wonder?

Offline Eric Armstrong

• Expectation is a prison
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2015, 06:28:54 AM »
Not too sure on the 1920s brisfit, but I'd like to get the post-war ninack. cool painting though.
 I also saw the "special" on the pair of Fe2bs + book is already sold out. Does that mean the Fee is close to extinction, I wonder?

Doubt it.  The only thing one can really infer is the monograph on the Fe.2 is now out of stock at WNW.  WNW was likely trying to unload excess monographs on the Fee while selling a kit that may not be selling like some of the others.

my 2 cents
Honor Necessity

Offline Gisbod

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2015, 08:30:23 PM »
Sure it's been posted somewhere already, but a link to Hyperscale where they received an update from Wingnuts:

http://www.hyperscale.com/2015/reviews/kits/wnwupdate_0815.htm

I haven't started my early Brisfit yet either!

Guy
“Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth -
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.”

P.O. John Gillespie Magee 1941