Author Topic: The ups and downs of life  (Read 5161 times)

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
Re: The ups and downs of life
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2014, 08:39:32 PM »
Very good news, Nigel. :D  It is a pain (forgive the pun ::)) for Ena to have to
hobble around on crutches, but at least she can do it in her home.  Much better
for everybody.  My best wishes to both of you.

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2014, 08:54:20 PM »
Thank you Ernie for your words of such friendship. Fortunately in our house there is a bedroom we can use on the ground floor. We've now mapped out (metaphorically of course) where we can get the wheelchair and where it's a case of using the crutches.  We're getting there!

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline treadhead1944

« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2014, 06:52:16 AM »
I am so happy that things are settling down for you both. She will be out of the cast and running laps before you know it.

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2014, 07:58:05 AM »
Thank you treadhead1944 for your kindness. When I showed Ena your message it brought a smile to her face.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline mc65

« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2014, 11:27:25 PM »
sounds good!

as far I know (ask why?) now are coming the hard times: undertaking physio means do it positively and with an aggressive attitude, for achieve the best results... and can be really hard, sometimes.

but being at home means to have a constant support, and being surrounded from a confident environment. something fundamental, in an illness period.

good luck and.... good work!   ;)

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2014, 04:00:50 AM »
Thanks mc65, words of wisdom indeed. We've spent the afternoon back at hospital for a further X-ray and checks with the doctors. There's still some concerns about the way the skin is healing, but the pins seem to be working well enough. It may be a while before things like the physio can start, but when it does.........

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline mgunns

« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2014, 11:55:26 AM »
Hello Nigel:

I am just catching up on this thread.  I am glad to see that Ena is up and about and on the mend.  What an untimely mishap for you and her.  I hope the recovery continues and that she will be up and about without the aid of crutches.

Best Wishes

Mark
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2014, 03:39:48 PM »
Thank you Mark. Ena's recovery continues, though we are certainly learning a lot about life in a wheelchair/with crutches, even if it is temporary. So many friends have been wonderful too.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2014, 02:54:30 AM »
Hello All,

At long last! Twelve weeks to the day after the accident, they have removed the plaster from Ena's leg. It's now 30+ sessions at physio, crutches and probably the occasional wheelchair, but there now seems some light at the end of the tunnel.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2014, 04:43:35 AM »
Excellent news Nigel. Here's hoping all will continue to go well and that your wife makes a complete recovery in due course. It really is good when such a milestone is passed.

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2014, 06:40:22 AM »
Thank you, LM. It is indeed such a relief. One of the things it means is that we can get back to the UK to see our daughter who is expecting what would be our first grandchild.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2014, 08:04:50 AM »
I am so pleased for Ena, to have the plaster removed after such a long period will be a very welcome relief. In a short time now you both should have you life getting back to some sort of normallity, and I hope all goes well with your daughter and the birth of her child, your first grandchild, being a grandparent is great...

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2014, 09:09:09 AM »
Thanks, Des. I think Ena and I both crave for something approaching normality now, but, of course, are very excited about what is expected to be a late September birth for a grandchild.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #58 on: July 05, 2014, 10:31:47 AM »
That is really positive news for you and Ena, Nigel.  Still a ways to go, but the
upcoming grand-baby certainly will help keep the spirits up.  My best wishes
for Ena's continued progress. :)

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline LindsayT

• "Somehow it didn't seem like war at all..."
« Reply #59 on: July 05, 2014, 11:29:34 AM »
That's great to hear, Nigel. I hope the rehab goes well, but maybe get her to lay off the triple jumping competitions for the time being, eh?

Lindsay