Modelers Lounge > Latest Acquisition to your collection

Latest purchases

(1/4) > >>

stevie g:
Ok,
     So I just pushed the "add to cart" on some Wingnut goodness, I had been waiting for the release of the AEG but like many I was ( honestly) shocked by the price, and yes I admit, I was one of the foot stampers on a couple of threads on this very forum.
     Now that things have cooled down somewhat, yes, I can see that the price of the AEG is probably realistic for what you are getting ( a truly amazing state of the art injection moulded kit of a subject that not so long ago would have been nothing but a dream never to be realised ) that and the fact that the Gotha GIV that we all compared it to was probably considerably underpriced ( a real bargain people, get em while they are hot !! )
      So, did I spring for an early or late AEG ? Well....actually neither, I chose instead a Roland VIa, Roland C.II and a Fokker DVII alb, all of which came to just $20 or so more than 1 AEG, absolute bloody bargain in my book. I may get an AEG one day, but first I'll complete the list of existing single seat and two seat subjects I want ( some of them more than one ) before then.
   Come on postie, don't spare the horses !!!

RAGIII:
Funny, but I just justified a purchase myself. I got my annual Bonus and couldn't resist.... No not a W12,Felixstowe, AEG, etc. Ordered an SE5a and a Salmson. Needed the Salmson to go with the Pheon Decals and Aviattic figures I already have  8)
RAGIII

Dave W:
Neither of my latest purchases are Wingnuts kits. The AEG may be a masterpiece but it's outside my current budget. Instead I bought the Eduard 1/48th Siemens Schuckert D.III (new tool) and the Special Hobby 1/32 Bristol M.1c. The latter was a bargain at $A 57. Message to Wingnuts- don't bother doing a Bristol M.1c guys, Special Hobby hit it out of the ballpark with their kit, absolute jewel!

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

Pgtaylorart:
You're thinking like me, stevie g. I was holding off on making any new purchases while I waited to see the price of the AEG. Yes, I suffered from the sticker shock that most of us did. I still will probably get one in the future, but now I'm looking at getting a few that I've been putting off. I have no water craft, so a W.12 is on my radar, and a nice little pusher like the DH.2 would be fun to build. Together they would be $60 cheaper than the AEG. Wingnuts will get my money one way or another!  ;D

George

RAGIII:

--- Quote from: The Red Baron on March 09, 2015, 05:10:09 PM ---I think higher price points were inevitable as they continued to raise our, and perhaps their own, expectations. If the AEG had been engineered / simplified to come in at a $149 price point we would have been disappointed with the kit.

--- End quote ---

Justin,
I can't disagree with you at all. That being said I went for Models I would build at the OLDER lower prices  8)
RAGIII

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version