Author Topic: German WW1 Pilot  (Read 2260 times)

Offline elanlane

• elan13 miniatures
German WW1 Pilot
« on: December 23, 2013, 08:48:14 AM »
Coming in the new year from Elan13 Miniatures

elan13 miniatures
http://elan13.co.uk

Offline Mark

Re: German WW1 Pilot
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 10:26:50 AM »
Verrrrry nice!  :)

Mark

Offline mgunns

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 11:36:20 PM »
Very Nice indeed, but the calves look awfully thin.  Before production could that be adjusted?  Just commenting.

Best

Mark
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 12:25:18 PM »
Very Nice indeed, but the calves look awfully thin.  Before production could that be adjusted?  Just commenting.

Best

Mark

Very Nicely Sculpted! I see what Mark is saying. I looked at Many pictures after my first looks at this figure. I Must say that Many of these guys had thin calves. I think it is a matter of shape, just a hint of curve in the calve would make a world of difference. Finally, If I could Sculpt a figure anywhere near as well as yours I would be in seventh Heaven, Thin calves or not. I will buy one, and if I decide to add to the calves that is my choice!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 12:36:20 PM »
I agree with Mark on this one, the calves do need some shape, the way the figure is cast at the moment it appears that he is propped up on two sticks, the rest of the figure is fantastic.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline elanlane

• elan13 miniatures
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2014, 09:40:13 PM »
Thank you for the feedback on this figure. The intention was to depict a slight pilot well encased in his flying jacket. I do have a great deal of research material on WW1 pilots and most were thin in stature. However, your comments are gratefully received as I always try and improve the quality of the Elan13 range and constructive criticism is a great way to achieve this. I have another master nearly completed and several others in the pipeline.
elan13 miniatures

Offline Pete Nottingham

• I chose the wrong week to stop sniffing glue
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 10:19:19 PM »
 A great looking figure, beautifully sculpted, I have seen a book where they have compared some pics of pilots that managed to survive a fair time during the war, comparing the pics taken at the start of their service with ones taken later on, the latter pics show a great deal of weight loss, gaunt faces and harrowed expressions, all caused by the stress of constant flying and combat.

Cheers

Pete.

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2014, 01:47:11 AM »
Elan,
Outstanding figure my friend. The poor fellow looks tried just as I would expect after long service. Is this figure based on an actual German pilot,if so who ? I hope to see a painted prototype when possible. Actually I'm really looking forward to seeing it the top shelf sculpting with all the shades and tones. Well Done and congratulations on your beautiful artwork.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline radio

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2014, 03:46:54 AM »
What is about other scales?

Martin

Offline elanlane

• elan13 miniatures
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2014, 04:54:03 AM »
Gregory,
The figure isn't based on a single pilot but a combination from several references. I aim to get WIP post painting it in the next few weeks, after I have finished sculpting the next figure in the range
elan13 miniatures

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2014, 02:20:12 PM »
i can see both sides of the calf question. they do look unproportionally thin, but if you look at the new guynemeyer figure it has this same look to it. the legs are bound up and the upper trousers and coat are very bloused out as they should be.and as pete pointed out these guys lived a stressful life. if the pilot flew a plane with a rotary engine it spit castor oil everywhere and they ended up with it all over and in their faces. they must have ingested some. we all know what castor oil does when a person ingests it. the point i am trying to make is although to my eye the legs do look a bit too thin the artist is doing a decent job to simulated realistically as possible what these odd fitting uniforms looked like.