The WW1 modelers' reference library > Markings and Camouflage

Americal Gryphon Decals Archive

(1/3) > >>

Ranger822:
I have created a project to establish a complete archive of Americal Gryphon Decals.  The project was started at the Hyperscale Forum.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/hyperscale/americal-gryphon-archive-t536510.html

Contact was made with Charles Hart who helped Dr. Glen Merrill establish A/G Decals.  He has agreed to assist the project along with a several  other members.  It is unclear when the archive will be completed but the goal will be to establish 300dpi or better imagery for all the decal sheets and the instruction sheets.  This should prove to be a useful reference for modelers and for those wishing to create their own custom decals.

If you are interested in grabbing a copy of the current archive, a link has been posted in the thread starter to download the current archive.  The archive is currently not complete and should be considered an on-going project.  If you wish to contribute please contact me either here or on the Hyperscale Forum.

System Admin - if you wish to relocate this posting to a more appropriate place or want me to post elsewhere please advise.

WD:
Thanks for that, the little booklets that came with the decals were worth the price of admission alone IMHO. I went hog wild buying up what I could afford of the 1/72nd scale stuff before Dr. Merrill packed it in.

Warren

Ranger822:
Many of the instruction sheets were multi-scale - ie. the information was the same for different scales.  This proved to be the case for many 1/72 and 1/48 scale sheets.

Lance Krieg:
Wandering in out of deep lurk, I noticed this project and would be happy to help if I can be useful.  I bought most (or all) of Glen's 1/48 sheets, and I have his 16-page 2000 catalogue, which enumerates A/G products, in all scales, from No. 1 to No. 175.  If any of this is useful to the compilers, let me know.  It may be easier to reach me directly:  [email protected]

Ranger822:
Lance, everything you listed would help . . . best to download the current archive then you can see what is already on hand, We don't have that many hi-res scan material yet, there are some mostly just recently added. Viewing what is on hand in the archive and comparing to whatever scans you can do, preferably 300dpi, would likely complete the archive.  I will PM my mail.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version