Forum Archive Storage > WW1 Diorama Group Build

FINISHED: "Ikarus 1916" - Shot down LVG C II

<< < (2/36) > >>

Borsos:
Thank you for your interest!
1. Adding detail to a custom made figure. That's quite a simple step. As said before there are many well made figure sets on the market now and all offer great potential. The stuff I have at home to add more detail are at first the great "weapons and equipment" sets from ICM and secondly a collection of resin heads from hornet & wolf. There are other brands too, but hornet offers a wide range of different face expressions. I have many bold heads, some with hairs and some even with ww1 headgear. For my diorama i choose a set from Masterbox. It contains standing British Infantry of 1916.

The poses are suitable and they carry the leather equipment instead of the 1908 web kit which fits for Kitchener's army. They also carry the early style gas mask bags. But the expression of the faces could be better and the steel helmets are way too small. Some hornet heads instead of the kit's heads and steel helmets from ICM and it looks much better. straps and ribbons are made with Tamiya tape. All standing infantry men of this project are done this way. I took small amounts of Green stuff to create the hairs with the help of a needle. Onto the hairs I placed the steel helmets.

Soon more will follow...
Thank you
Borsos

lone modeller:
This is going to be another incredibly realistic dio of yours with no punches pulled - good. It is all to easy to forget the sheer horrors that those men went through (and still do today in war zones), this will act as a timely reminder to all that despite the colourful schemes and wonderful detail that we add to our models, the originals were there to deal death or injury to someone.

Stephen.

coyotemagic:
Extraordinary work on the figures, Borsos!  I would be thrilled if I could do a decent job of simply painting figures, never mind modifying them to such an extent.  This is going to be another of your masterpieces, my friend.  Will the LVG be in the scene and what will you be using as the basis for it?
Cheers,
Bud

RAGIII:
I have to agree with my Amigo, Extraordinary work on the figures indeed! I struggle with painting figures and like Bud I can only imagine doing conversion work on them to your standard!
RAGIII

stefanbuss:
Close ups, please! You talk about hair, but i cannot see any haircut at all. How dare you!!!!

8)

Honestly: Closeups would be appreciated, especially of the dead crew.

S.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version