Author Topic: Captured! Volume One - Now with prices  (Read 7546 times)

Offline rowan broadbent

Captured! Volume One - Now with prices
« on: July 20, 2012, 03:46:55 AM »
Thanks to Gary (Trackpad) for his gentle chivvying and inspiration, I decided to dip my toe into these slightly different waters....

Volume One is for just two aircraft, an Albatros D.V and a Standard Motor Co built Sopwith Pup and will be available in 32nd, 48th and 72nd scales. As there isn't much to these in terms of markings, the decal sheets will be a bit smaller than normal, as will be the prices, of course!

Sets are 32040, 48035 and 72029 Titled "Captured! Volume One"

Prices and due date will be posted as soon as we have them. Pre-orders open now. As usual, no money asked for until they are ready and pre-orders can be cancelled at any time.

UPDATE
Prices will be:

32040 £7.00
48035 £5.00
72029 £4.00
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 12:00:20 AM by rowan broadbent »
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything – that’s how the light gets in

Leonard Cohen

Offline Trackpad

Re: Captured! Volume One
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 12:33:05 PM »
Hello, Rowan,

Well, what can I say?;D  Many thanks for this extremely delightful addition to your decal line! "Inspiration" possibly, but "chivvying?"  Perish the thought, mon ami. Maybe I have a bit of Quaker blood in me: how about "Gentle persuasion?"  ;)

All to say that (in the best of ways) the gauntlet has been laid gently at my feet, and I am honour bound, and very happy indeed, to preorder Pheon Decals Sheet "32040: Captured: Volume One." Will this posting suffice for the preorder, or should I visit another website to place it?

All best wishes to you and Sabine, Rowan. I likely will not make it to Telford this year, but the 50th Anniversary of IPMS in 2013 does have that certain "cachet!"  8)

Cheers!
Gary

"It was an adventure, a great adventure. And, like all great adventures, we never knew where it would lead or how it would end."

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 02:11:02 PM »
I think Gary needs to build the Pup, too   :D

Offline rowan broadbent

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 08:01:22 PM »
Well cheers, Gary! If you could just drop a quick email to Sabine on the normal email:-

[email protected]

That will keep things neat and tidy - she who WILL be obeyed likes things that way and I transgress at my peril!!

Tony's got a point, you know.......

For anyone who's contemplating the Pup subject this has the Standard cowling option in the WNW kit (albeit with enlarged cooling slot on the starboard side) but the access hatch in the port cheek fairing is larger than standard and the kit part will need to be modified - a good opportunity for someone with a penchant for internal detailing to build and install the engine's back-end ancillaries (maybe using the new Taurus engine kit?) and have the hatch open, as seen in the photo on page 43.039 of the C&C  journal for Spring this year.... just an idea!

Leonard Cohen

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 11:16:50 PM »
Hi, Rowan,

Yes, I tracked down the email to Sabine last night and sent it off: nothing like shotgunning a solution! But I think that I should resend it with all available information less credit card details (address, phone, name of Golden Retriever) just so it's all on file and ready to go. No change from my last orders, but they were a while ago and so I'll send the data along today. Right now there's this niggly little voice in the back of my brain cell that keeps whispering "Go to the WNW website...go to the WNW website..."!!  ;D

Catch you later, mate, and all the best to you and Sabine!  8)

Edit: And the deed is done - the Albi is ordered. Hooray for PayPal!!  ;)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 11:32:12 PM by Trackpad »
Cheers!
Gary

"It was an adventure, a great adventure. And, like all great adventures, we never knew where it would lead or how it would end."

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 11:25:19 PM »
I think Gary needs to build the Pup, too   :D

Tony, Tony...verily I say unto thee, thou dost tempt me with mine weaknesses... ! I must say that the thought has crossed my mind (not a long crossing!). But I will now have the WNW SE, Biff,  and Albi, plus the Sopwith Snipe and Tripe as and when they surface, plus a Hobbycraft Nieuport 17 plus a Matchbox Tiger Moth to be made up as per "The Blue Max,"and I am running out of time given my glacial build rate and advancing years (sort of). But the Pup does look rather cool, and it would be a fitting quid pro quo with the Albi in the display case...! I'll check with my doctor and psychiatrist and see what they advise...!!  ;D   ;D
Cheers!
Gary

Offline Jose Chaica

• Jose "Von Muttley" Chaica
Re: Captured! Volume One - Now with prices
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2012, 02:20:14 AM »
Very interesting, indeed... I specially liked the Pup with the "German clothes" on.  :D
Jose Chaica, from Portugal.

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2012, 03:47:32 AM »
Hi, Rowan,

At a price for the 1/32nd sheet at GBP7.00, I assume that the lozenge will not be included with the "markings." If this is so, no worries: I'll just order the 5-colour lozenge for the Albatros, and they can be sent when 32040 is ready.  ;)

Cheers,

Gary
Cheers!
Gary

Offline rowan broadbent

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2012, 04:09:02 AM »
Hi, Rowan,

At a price for the 1/32nd sheet at GBP7.00, I assume that the lozenge will not be included with the "markings." If this is so, no worries: I'll just order the 5-colour lozenge for the Albatros, and they can be sent when 32040 is ready.  ;)

Cheers,

Gary

A correct assumption, I'm sorry to say...

Leonard Cohen

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2012, 05:29:48 AM »
Hi, Rowan,

Cheers,

Gary

A correct assumption, I'm sorry to say...

Rowan,

Nothing to be sorry about, mon vieux! I'll do a bit more scouting around to determine the colour of the rib tapes (if I can!), then place the order for delivery with the 32040 sheet.

Ayez une bonne fin de semaine!   8)

Cheers!
Gary

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2012, 11:20:22 PM »
My Albi arrived this morning: just seven days in transit from WNW to the Great White North. Must have broken all sorts of speed limits!

Now for the decal sheet (no pressure, Rowan!!).  ;D
Cheers!
Gary