Author Topic: Christmas Comes Early  (Read 1502 times)

Offline Davos522

Christmas Comes Early
« on: December 09, 2023, 11:26:42 PM »
My oldest son Curt walked in the other night and put a paper sack on the dining room table, and said "Here, I couldn't wait another two weeks to give this to you..."

Mein Gott what a monster... after passing on my 1:48 stash to him he's embarked on a collecting binge, and in scouring the Interweb he actually found it for 25% less than it sold for new from WnW.

Now all I have to do is build a hangar in the back yard to erect/display it without my wife noticing... :P

Dutch

Offline DaddyO

Re: Christmas Comes Early
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2023, 11:40:41 PM »
Wowzer!
That'll take a bit of shelf space  :D

Paul
There cannot be a crisis today, my schedule is full

Offline Whiteknuckles

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2023, 12:09:14 PM »

...Now all I have to do is build a hangar in the back yard to erect/display it without my wife noticing... :P ...

Good luck with that! ;D

Andrew
Eternal Apprentice

Offline NigelR

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2023, 08:33:23 PM »
Now that boy has been well brought up!!! ;D

Offline Davos522

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2023, 01:12:19 AM »
Yes, both my boys are back into WWI modeling now, which is something we shared when they were between the ages of, say, six to thirteen. We've always been close, but now that we're all back into it we're tighter still. They're only in their thirties so they're doing 1/72 and 1/48, which my fingers just balk at these days :)

RE: the AEG, I knew Peter Jackson was mad, but I didn't realize how utterly mad he was utill I got my hands on this kit. But what a glorious madness!

Dutch

Online macsporran

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2023, 02:13:05 AM »
You should see the Felixstowe(s), Dutch - not to mention the Gotha G.IV, considering also that it was one of the first to be released on an unsuspecting public !
S

Offline Davos522

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2023, 02:55:34 AM »
Hi Sandy, oddly the Felixstowe is still available from a number of outlets over here, I recently saw it on a Black Thursday sale for $150; again, less than it was from WnW.

But... I figure one of these days my lovely wife is bound to come to her senses and realize what a truly terrible idea it was to marry me. So I have to ask myself, do I really want to do anything that's going to hasten that inevitable day of reckoning??

Dutch
;)

Online macsporran

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2023, 04:33:02 AM »
Yes, MBK still have the open cockpit F2a, although their discount on that one has now dropped from 29% to 5% - presumably getting to the bottom of the pile. I had the G.IV, AEG & F2a but sold them all when I realised they were too big to actually display - made a fair old profit on them too especially the G.IV (bought for 92GBP, sold for 600GBP!)

However, I couldn't resist MBK 29% off the AEG and bought another - with them taking the VAT off, free postage and me escaping the UK tax import (for once) I actually got it for a ridiculously low price and, I think I will build it anyway, even if it gets very dusty!
S

Offline MikeH

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2023, 04:37:14 AM »
What a lovely Christmas gift you have Dutch, your a lucky man. Mind you, that's going to take some careful and fiddly work on the rigging. So if you decide it's too much for you to cope with, you can always pass it onto me.  ;D ;D

Mike

Online PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2023, 10:13:41 PM »
Lovely gift, indeed.
But I comfort you saying that this AEG is the smallest one out of all the WNW two-engined monsters :)
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.