WW1 Aircraft Modeling > Under Construction

1:32nd scale Bristol Scout C

<< < (2/35) > >>

RichieW:

--- Quote from: Mike Norris on April 16, 2023, 09:58:36 AM ---
--- Quote from: RichieW on April 16, 2023, 06:51:14 AM ---I'm very much looking forward to seeing this one Mike. Have fun with i, I know you will  do 'Bunny' Bremner proud.

Richie

--- End quote ---
Hi Richie,
The 'Bunny' Bremner build will be after this one.
This one is for me and to check it out for the 'Bunny' build,

Mike

--- End quote ---

Double the fun then! :)

Richie

Edgar:
Hi Mike
If you will need any help with additional parts please do let me know
Will try to help

Edgar

Mike Norris:

--- Quote from: Edgar on April 16, 2023, 11:39:37 PM ---Hi Mike
If you will need any help with additional parts please do let me know
Will try to help

Edgar

--- End quote ---

Hi Edgar,
Thanks.
After my build I'll be building the Scout 1264 for Theo Willford in David Bremners team,

Mike

Mike Norris:
Hi all,
I think this model will be up there with 'Wingnut Wings' kits, as expected now from 'Copper State Models'
I've been researching information for my model build of the Scout and in particular the rigging.
However, I've found a few points that I think need clarifying for anyone making the Scout.

The kit comes with both the Gnome Lambda and the optional Le Rhone 9C engine for scheme 1264.
The initial engine fit for the Scout was the Gnome Lambda engine and it seems it was preferred by the Royal Naval Air Service as being more reliable than the Le Rhone 9C.
However some Scout C aircraft were fitted with the Le Rhone 9C as a development towards the Scout type D.
Kit scheme for Serial No.1264 on page 18 of the instruction manual possibly indicates that the Le Rhone 9C can be fitted and with engine cowl part B5.

The twin flying wires are highlighted red for required rigging at step 38 in the instruction manual, but nowhere else in the manual.
The upper and lower drag wires are also illustrated in the manual, but not highlighted red as required rigging.
The internal rigging for the cockpit frames does not include the cross bracing wires at the frame behind the pilots seat.
The internal rigging for the cockpit has no information for the aileron control cables, although there does appear to be a control lever at the front of the aileron torsion bar.
Instruction manual steps 57 and 59 illustrations have associated misleading text (incidence wire, not flying wires).
The upper elevator control cables are attached to the bottom of the control column, which protrudes from the underside of the fuselage. These are highlighted red at step 10 only as required rigging.

These minor observations in no way detract from what is a great kit.
I just wanted to point out what I think are points needing clarification,

Mike

Mike Norris:
Hi all
A quick update.
The supplied pilots seat and cushion parts are of good quality.
However, I chose to replace them with a seat from the 3D printed ‘Gaspatch’ British wicker seat/cushion (22-32249) set.
This seat fits exactly onto the kit seat base, which just needed the seat cushion sanding away.
The 'Gaspatch' seat was then simply secured onto the modified kit base, using thin CA adhesive,

Mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version