Author Topic: 1/32nd Roden Viper SE5a builders kit with lots of extras!: SOLD  (Read 418 times)

Online RAGIII

I am selling a Roden SE5a Viper powered kit in 1/32nd scale. Please NOTE that the kit has had the Struts removed to repair a build that went wrong!  I repeat the struts are missing. That being said there are Aftermarket struts out there!

The kit will have Lots of Extras:
1. Eduard Brassin Vickers MG's.
2. MasterrCasters Prop and Radiator
3.Toms Model Works British Interior
4.HGW SE5a Masks( for wNW kit) but I am fairly certain it will work on the Roden kit
5.Resin cockpit /Fuselage from the Encore kit. ( There is a Chip on the left side)
6. PE remnants from the encore kit
7. Bonus 1/48th Eduard Brassin Lewis Guns
8. Resin cockpit upper fuselage for the Bulged opening on McCuddens earlier Se5a.

The Extras are probably worth More than I am asking!

$45.00 plus shipping. I will ship anywhere but the costs of shipping outside of the US are outrageous!
Thanks for looking, PM if interested

PayPal goods and services preferred as payment!

« Last Edit: April 26, 2024, 06:13:56 AM by RAGIII »
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Online RAGIII

Re: 1/32nd Roden Viper SE5a builders kit with lots of extras!: SOLD
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2024, 06:14:24 AM »
SE5a Package SOLD. Thanks Dutch!
RAGIII

Offline Davos522

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2024, 12:06:47 PM »
Thank YOU, Rick... just out of curiosity, who does the aftermarket struts??

Dutch

Online RAGIII

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2024, 06:03:26 PM »

Dutch

SAC ( Scale Aircraft Conversions) I think Lance had a set so perhaps he can attest to quality. Not sure if the company that makes the Brass struts has done any for the SE. I can't remember the company name off hand. Perhaps someone else can help? Just for the record, I threw in what struts I had left from the disaster I created, broken tabs/semi melted by glue. Might be enough to give you an idea for scratch building some. IHTH,
RAGIII

PS: Here is a link to the brass strut people. Don't see the SE but there are others like the EV/DVIII for Mikro Mir/ Avis kit  8)

https://www.aerocraftmodels.com/132-scale-10-c.asp

PPS: I think the Encore kit came with a set of white metal struts, ( Probably SAC), perhaps someone will part with either the metal or plastic versions from that kit?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2024, 06:38:11 PM by RAGIII »

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2024, 12:30:01 AM »

Dutch

SAC ( Scale Aircraft Conversions) I think Lance had a set so perhaps he can attest to quality. Not sure if the company that makes the Brass struts has done any for the SE. I can't remember the company name off hand. Perhaps someone else can help? Just for the record, I threw in what struts I had left from the disaster I created, broken tabs/semi melted by glue. Might be enough to give you an idea for scratch building some. IHTH,
RAGIII

PS: Here is a link to the brass strut people. Don't see the SE but there are others like the EV/DVIII for Mikro Mir/ Avis kit  8)

PPS: I think the Encore kit came with a set of white metal struts, ( Probably SAC), perhaps someone will part with either the metal or plastic versions from that kit?

Rick,
    I may be able to help with this ....... I have a box of left over spare/unused parts for SE's somewhere in my stash, will do a search later today. I built a Wingnut Wings kit using encore parts and some SAC bits years ago for McCudden's B 4891 and as I recall never did use the white metal struts, if so I'll gladly help you out with your project. More to follow hopefully.
Cheers,
Lance

Online RAGIII

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2024, 12:33:13 AM »

Dutch

RAGIII

Rick,
    I may be able to help with this ....... I have a box of left over spare/unused parts for SE's somewhere in my stash, will do a search later today. I built a Wingnut Wings kit using encore parts and some SAC bits years ago for McCudden's B 4891 and as I recall never did use the white metal struts, if so I'll gladly help you out with your project. More to follow hopefully.
Cheers,
Lance

Thanks Lance. If you find them I am Sure Dutch will appreciate the help. Be sure to send them off to him  ;D
RAGIII

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2024, 07:38:11 AM »
Rick,
    Now that I've got my feeble mind around who sold, bought, has the Kit but not the struts and "who's on first" here's the good news! I have a composite set of all the struts you'll need ........ a pair of white metal forward main wing struts (SAC I believe), and the plastic cabanes and rear mains from the Encore kit and also the white metal landing gear struts and axle wing as well.

Dutch,
    I'd be happy to pass these along to you if they help, send me a PM with your mailing address and I'll get them on their way.
Cheers,
Lance

Online RAGIII

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2024, 08:46:15 AM »
Rick,
    Now that I've got my feeble mind around who sold, bought, has the Kit but not the struts and "who's on first" here's the good news! I have a composite set of all the struts you'll need ........ a pair of white metal forward main wing struts (SAC I believe), and the plastic cabanes and rear mains from the Encore kit and also the white metal landing gear struts and axle wing as well.

Dutch,
    I'd be happy to pass these along to you if they help, send me a PM with your mailing address and I'll get them on their way.
Cheers,
Lance

That is Awesome and represents well what a Great Forum and group of Modelers are here!
RAGIII
« Last Edit: April 29, 2024, 12:15:31 AM by RAGIII »

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2024, 03:16:46 PM »
Hear hear! Seeing all this really warms my heart!
Zac in NZ

Offline Davos522

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2024, 12:20:23 PM »
Hi, been catching up with some family stuff so I've been offline for a couple of days... and yes, this is a truly amazing forum. When the old WWI List finally went under I felt a huge sense of loss, but in the past year I feel lucky to have reconnected with a lot of old friends, and made many more new ones. I know I'm definitely a better model(l)er than I was last year after seeing the work posted here.

Thanks Rick and Lance, PMs outbound!

Dutch