Author Topic: Tamiya Paint: For Trade or For Free  (Read 1097 times)

Offline LindsayT

• "Somehow it didn't seem like war at all..."
Tamiya Paint: For Trade or For Free
« on: May 14, 2013, 02:24:29 PM »
Shot in the dark here. This weekend I was at the LHS to pick up some paint. Since going from brushes to airbrush, I've been converting to Tamiya acrylic. I have a lot of colours to accumulate but have been doing it 3 - 4 at a time. Anyway, for some reason I bought a jar of XF-2 (flat white) when I've already got a full one.

So. If someone needs a full, unopened jar of XF-2, I'll post it to you anywhere in the world that shipping is reasonable and it's yours. The best would be if you have a double that you could trade for it, but it's not necessary. I'd include a postage paid envelope for the return trip.

I realize flat white's not a coveted colour, and I don't even know if I can mail acrylic paint, but I thought I'd throw the offer out there. PM me if you're interested.

Lindsay

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
Re: Tamiya Paint: For Trade or For Free
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 07:24:51 PM »
RB is right, white and black, can never have too much.

If you want to use it up, thin it with lacquer thinner and use it as primer. (Spray) Works great.

Btw, Lately I've been experimenting with using 91% isopropyl alcohol to thin instead of or in addition to retarder for brush painting the stuff -- works very well, the "shelf life" on the palette is greatly increased-- the workflow this guy uses is pretty much what I have been doing (toothpicks, white trays, pipettes etc):

http://zerobxu.wordpress.com/2008/03/10/hand-painting-with-tamiya-acrylics/

Offline LindsayT

• "Somehow it didn't seem like war at all..."
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 12:07:19 PM »
Thanks for the tips, guys. I guess the offer is withdrawn, unless someone happens to live down the street from me and needs some flat white. Then I'll trade you for a cup of sugar or an egg.

LT

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 10:40:59 PM »
I'm interested in hearing how you employ the egg and sugar in your builds Lindsay!  ;D

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.