Author Topic: cross and cockade and over the front  (Read 1185 times)

Offline ALBATROS1234

cross and cockade and over the front
« on: August 28, 2014, 04:01:41 PM »
was thinking of joining one or both of these organizations. i have several of their publications, i would love to join ww1 aero but they are not currently accepting new members. just want to know benefits of each from members here. obviously you get their super periodicals at a reasonable price, just wondering if anyone had some input.

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
Re: cross and cockade and over the front
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 01:39:23 AM »
was thinking of joining one or both of these organizations. i have several of their publications, i would love to join ww1 aero but they are not currently accepting new members. just want to know benefits of each from members here. obviously you get their super periodicals at a reasonable price, just wondering if anyone had some input.

I joined them both -- for the publications :)

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 06:38:12 AM »

Do not wait any longer !!

Ed
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 10:32:40 AM »

Do not wait any longer !!

Ed
I agree with my amigo!  Not only are the quarterlies invaluable but the seminars are wonderful experiences.  I missed the last OTF convention, but attended the one before that in Monterey, California.  One of the most enjoyable events of my life.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2014, 01:42:08 PM »
thanks guys, like i mentioned, my favorite is ww1 aero but for some odd reason they arent accepting new membership. i have a nice stack of c&c(american journal as well as international) also otf. probably the reason i have waited so long is due to not all of the mags have the exact stuff i like. i figured i was better off picking up and/or downloading specific issues that have exactly what i am looking for. just like why i havent joined windsock worldwide. i figure instead of spending the money and end up getting datafiles on planes i may or may not be very interested in i figured just buy datafiles on specific planes i really like. i find otf  has more info on the pilots stories and such wereas c&c deals with craft a bit more then you have ww1 aero which deals mostly with the planes and have more drawings both period and contemporary. idk i cant afford to join both right this sec. will have to think a tad more. if money was no object i would be a subscribing member to all of the above.