Author Topic: Fly's Roland D VI b 1/48  (Read 7742 times)

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Fly's Roland D VI b 1/48
« on: October 10, 2017, 10:21:43 AM »
It has been since April being the last time I sat in front of the bench . Had a awesome summer , but now that it's over and the cooler weather is creeping in , time for the bench .

I moved last month and have a hobby room now and to break it in . It just has to be wood and wire subject so Fly's kit came to mind and I have never built this type before .

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
Re: Fly's Roland D VI b 1/48
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 10:34:28 AM »
Welcome back Terri, great to hear you enjoyed your summer. I'm looking forward to seeing you start work on your latest build.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 10:58:40 AM »
Welcome back, T!  Really looking forward to watching this project unfold.  What scheme will you be doing?
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 11:12:26 PM »
Welcome back, T!  Really looking forward to watching this project unfold.  What scheme will you be doing?
Cheers,
Bud

Of course I agree with Bud! Good to have you back T!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline IanB

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 11:37:47 PM »
Good to see you back at the bench Terri, and a new one too! I'm looking forward to seeing you work your magic in this one.

Ian

Online Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 01:25:38 AM »
I echo all of the above Terri.  Looking forward to your treatment on this kit.   :D

Offline Borsos

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2017, 06:54:10 AM »
Hi there Terry,
cool choice, the Roland is a nice little jewel. I am keen on watching your progress on that one.
Borsos
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2017, 08:42:55 AM »
Great to have you back Teri. Very interesting subject which I will be following with great interest.

Stephen.

Offline Dirigible-Al

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2017, 03:38:13 AM »
Hi Terri
Glad to hear you had a great summer.
Just a little pre warning about the kit, I found the location points incorrect for the cabane struts on the fuselage. Simple enough to fix, just re drill in the right place but a bit harder if you have already glued them in. Unless they have changed it my kit had a Mercedes engine but most of the D.VI b's had benz engines, I just modified the kit engine to look like a benz. Otherwise a really nice kit with great detail.
I am sure this will be a beauty in your capable hands.
Alan.
I heard that it all started when a bloke called Archie Duke shot an ostrich 'cause he was hungry!

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2017, 09:08:08 AM »
Thank-you for the welcome back my friends  :) Feels good to be back !

Bud , since the parts for the a version are included in the kit I will be doing this as an A version and the markings will be

Roland D.VIa 1222/18 Ludwig Marcher Jasta 32b MIO 1918 . He only had 1 victory but it's such a cool scheme and will go very well with my other stripe machines . I have replacement lozenge and will use Microsculpt 4 color upper and lower and will try the kit rib tapes and if those turn out to be crap then I will use Aviattics . Have Richards blue sheet kicking around some where . Which I should just in the first place  :o

Resin parts have been washed and are ready to be removed , will have an up-date once the engine is good to go .

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2017, 09:40:03 AM »
Progress is coming along rather well . I did have to re do the floor , had it upside down and in the process of fixing this I made a mess of the control column and will have to make a new one before everything gets close up . Nothing fancy with the detailing . only items added are the instrument dials  which came from the spare part box . Once the fuselage halves are close up won't be able to see all that much .

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2017, 09:40:37 AM »
 :)

Still have a bit od detail painting and hint of weathering .

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Online Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2017, 11:26:03 AM »
Great start Terri (even with the little misstep, like we all haven't been there).  Looking forward to your progress.

Offline andonio64

• There's no hurry
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2017, 06:44:55 PM »
Great start indeed Terri, I  have the DVIb kit (the one with the edelweiss) so I am very interested in seeing how this grows!

Antonio

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2017, 12:20:10 AM »
Nice start T! Love the woodgrain, Panel, engine, and seat/belts.
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler