Author Topic: Coming soon from Roden  (Read 2085 times)

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
Coming soon from Roden
« on: September 30, 2017, 09:59:48 AM »
Roden will soon be releasing their 1:32 scale kit of the Cessna 0-2a, no release date has been advertised but one hobby shop is taking pre-orders and saying an October release. One of my favorite aircraft and will be a must have kit.

Des.

Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Online Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
Re: Coming soon from Roden
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 10:22:45 AM »
Nice kit, second Vietnam Era kit released by Roden in 1/32.  Wondering if they are leaving WW I aircraft behind or just taking a hiatus.  Hope the later, but this A/C is of significance to me as it was used by Brother's to the Rescue when they were shot down by Cuban Migs.

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2017, 06:48:46 PM »
Well done, Roden. Don’t forget, we now have a named contact at Roden who does respond to queries and seems in quite a senior position.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 06:38:00 PM »
Juan, my last communication with Vladimir at Roden was that they are not going to produce any further 1:32 scale WW1 aircraft anytime in the near future.

Des.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2017, 10:16:40 AM »
I wrote to Roden last week asking about their new 1:32 scale Cessna 0-2,  received a reply yesterday stating that the kit will be released at the end of November, great news indeed  :) :) :)

Des.

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2017, 04:07:07 PM »
Juan, my last communication with Vladimir at Roden was that they are not going to produce any further 1:32 scale WW1 aircraft anytime in the near future.

Des.

this is really too bad.

easy to understand why they feel that way--especially since early on WNW unknowingly stepped on their toes (SE5a, Tripehound), and there are some rather vocal WNW fanatics who will ONLY build WNW.

but WNW don't issue kits fast enough to cover every interesting subject, and everyone (except the one-and-done-only want a camel and a DR1 crowd) benefits from more manufacturers doing the subject/scale.