Author Topic: FBA Leveque  (Read 1096 times)

Offline IanB

FBA Leveque
« on: September 15, 2017, 11:13:18 AM »
Does anyone have any info or pics of the FBA Leveque (FBA Type A) in military service, preferably with length and wingspan information too?

I have the Libramodels kit, but that is closer to the Donnet Leveque prototype. It has the squared off front end, but also has a top front deck that doesn't match anything I've seen, and the wings are too long for the prototype. I would like to correct it and model a machine that saw service.

French Aircraft of the First World War by Devilla and Soltan has pics of both the Donnet Leveque and FBA Type A but none in service or with enough showing to get an idea of the bow detail and wingspan. The prototype Donnet Leveque in the Musee de l'air has narrower wings than the pics I've seen of production aircraft and I really don't want to model a prototype anyway. Anyone have the tome on French seaplanes?

There is a very nice Donnet Leveque type C replica at Retro-planes d'Argenteuil, which could possibly be done from this kit if I knew the measurements....did this aircraft see military service at all?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Ian
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 11:31:11 AM by IanB »