Author Topic: Sopwith F.1 Camel - HG Watson and KM Murray - double build (1/32, Wingnut Wings)  (Read 22170 times)

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
You are doing a superb job on both kits, quite an undertaking but in your capable hands they should end up as two excellent models.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
Thank you, gentlemen.

The progress on Polish Camel. The innards are almost ready to be closed within the fuselage. Just the missing fuel lines need to be added. The work follows almost precisely the footsteps taken earlier with Watson's.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 08:36:37 PM by PrzemoL »
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline davec

Beautiful cockpit. Love the leather belt and the effect of all that detail packed into a tight space.

Offline boggie

Beautiful!  :)

Offline RAGIII

Fantastic cockpit! Beautifully painted and detailed as always!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
Must agree with all the above, beautiful as always.

Offline lone modeller

What the others have already written: you modelling is an art form in itself, in addition to being superbly realistic.

Stephen.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
I'm all smiles , beautiful work  :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline PrzemoL

• Przemysław Litewka
Thank you, everybody.

Today, finally, I have some more progress to report. After long tedious evenings with cleaning, sanding, drilling, eyeletting, etc, I could start with airbrushing. Silver noses and darker PC10 zones on wood and metal panels are done

Watson's:

Murray's

The PC10 on Murray's in very dark in the photos, I decided to make it really darker then on Watson's.

In both cases there was a small problem with lower wing fit to the fuselage. Initially I though I could postpone this assembly after airbrushing. But then I discovered that the linen area under the fuselage extends onto the lower interplane section of the kit parts leaving a substantial gap. I decided to fill those with thin polystyrene strips, and then sand. It is visible as white strips under the fuselage. Now the CDL can be applied.

I have also painted and assembled the engines.

Clerget for Watson's

and Bentley for Murray's

Needless to say, they still lack the electric wires to the spark plugs and dirt.

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
 Prze,
As I've come to expect from your bench,Outstanding modeling my old friend. Keep up the hyper excellence. Looking forward to seeing more in the next up date.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette

PS: I'd love to see what wonders you could work using either the old or new tool Hobbycraft Camel as the donor kit. I believe you could make it impossible to tell the difference between the HC Camel and Wingnut's beautiful offering.
" What Me Worry"

Offline RAGIII

The PC 10 and engines look awesome as always!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
Looking good as always Prze, really looking forward to your progress.

Offline dr 1 ace

More and more good stuff !!

Ed
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
   Looking very nice indeed Prze! That joint where the fabric meets the metal under the wing is a pain, I'm about to mount my painted wing on the fuselage, and fill that gap in, and then refinish the area all over again! Your PC-10 looks very convincing to my eye.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline PrzemoL

• Przemysław Litewka
Thank you, everybody. The progress is slow, I have to wait for a delivery from Japan, I ran out of Aizu tape for rib tapes shading. So I am slowly working on the other details not to waste fully the modelling time. Some photos will come when the progress is worth taking my camera out.

Gregory, I am afraid you are far too kind. Accidentaly, a Hobbycraft Camel in Italeri disguise landed in my hands a few days ago. A comparison with WNW is striking, to say the least. And I am sure, that bringing its surface detail (or the lack thereof) to the WNW standard is well beyond my skills (and intents, too). Anybody would easily tell the difference if I ever tried to build it. But I will not, I am sorry  :) IMHO it would be a waste of my modelling time to deal with poor kits when good ones are available, not my cup of tea.  ;)