Author Topic: 1:32 DFW T28 'Floh' (Flea)  (Read 3133 times)

Offline Mike Norris

• RAF Old and Bold
    • Mikes WW1 Aircraft Models
1:32 DFW T28 'Floh' (Flea)
« on: September 09, 2017, 06:00:53 AM »
Hi all,
I saw the great model build of this aircraft by 'KrzysiekK' a few days ago - he just pipped me to the post.
Anyway, here's my latest 1:32 scale model, the 11th from my stash.
It's the Planet Model DFW T28 'Floh' (Flea) and is my first resin kit build.
I felt the need to correct or modify quite a lot during the build and it's all covered in the build log, along with a brief aircraft history.  The build log can be viewed or downloaded from here:

http://igavh2.xara.hosting/index.htm

The basic colour scheme for this aircraft was very light and lacking in character.  Although as a prototype only it wouldn't have flown much, I decided to 'weather' it up more like an operational aircraft.
I also animated the flying control surfaces, again to 'liven' it up.
There is very little data and only a few photo's of this aircraft, but one shows a civilian figure sat on the starboard lower wing and who could have been one of the two senior designers, so I adapted a figure from MiniArt and also added a mechanic from Model Kasten.  The rigging is 0.12 mm mono-filament with GasPatch turnbuckles.
NOTE:  Some of the shots below were taken before I'd completed the display case.

I'm now working on the MicroMir Fokker E.V with Aviattic lozenge decals, Roden engine and Pheon decal markings.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 06:20:22 PM by sandbagger »

Retired - 27 years RAF service then 20 years Military Aerospace Technical Author/editor.

Offline RAGIII

Re: 1:32 DFW T28 'Floh' (Flea)
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 12:28:31 AM »
An absolutely beautiful build of this ungainly beast. The figures and base really set the scene! Stunning presentation. I also looked at your other builds and must say the same about them, less the ungainly beast  ;D
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 07:17:27 AM »
Beautiful job on one of the ungainliness planes of WW I.  Love the diorama, simple, but elegant.

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 03:37:22 AM »
Totally agree that the presentaion is first class. The model is a little gem too: and the weathered look is most realistic.

Stephen.

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 10:04:01 AM »
An absolutely beautiful build of this ungainly beast. The figures and base really set the scene! Stunning presentation. I also looked at your other builds and must say the same about them, less the ungainly beast  ;D
RAGIII

Gotta agree with my Amigo.

Ed
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2017, 11:25:13 AM »
   Beautiful job, great model and really classy presentation! This is the best Floh I've seen here, you've done wonders to make a dull and ugly subject look really good, my compliments "in spades"!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Manni

• Der Militärmodellbauer
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2017, 03:00:51 PM »
Great job on this plane. I have done the same kit and it wasn't always a pleasure to build. But you have done it great.
Manni
"Ich hab' da mal was vorbereitet.": Jean Pütz
"Warum noch mehr Bausätze?!?": meine Frau

Offline Mike Norris

• RAF Old and Bold
    • Mikes WW1 Aircraft Models
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2017, 05:15:55 PM »
Thanks guys - this forum has some of the best modellers around, so your comments are really appreciated.

Retired - 27 years RAF service then 20 years Military Aerospace Technical Author/editor.