Author Topic: posting photos from dropbox  (Read 2195 times)

Offline davec

posting photos from dropbox
« on: July 30, 2017, 09:13:41 AM »
I'm new to the forum, and was delayed starting my build log because of needing to find a file sharing service for my images.  I spent a while researching, then discovered I already had one.

I use dropbox for work, where I need to share files for some projects.  Dropbox has an area for photos. It turns out you can share images.

For files in the photo directory, right click on image you want to include in the post.
Click on 'copy dropbox link'
Paste between img and /img (both in brackets)
Change 'www.dropbox.com' to 'dl.dropboxusercontent.com' in the link.

Not sure why the last step is necessary.  I found it on another forum.  It doesn't work unless you make the change.  It may also work for files outside the photo directory - haven't tried it yet.

Anyways, seems to work.  I have an upgraded version of dropbox because I needed the increased storage ($99/yr).  I think this may work with the free version, too.

Dave
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 10:10:45 AM by davec »

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
Re: posting photos from dropbox
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 06:06:49 PM »
Welcome aboard, Dave!
Thanks for the info  ;)

vB

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
Re: posting photos from dropbox
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2017, 07:49:05 AM »
I have the free version of dropbox and have experimented posting photos onto the forum from my dropbox files. All I did was to select the photo I wanted to post simply by clicking the photo and bringing it up to full size. I then right clicked the photo and selected "save image location", on the forum I clicked the insert image icon then clicked between the two and right clicked paste, it works beautifully and is very easy.

This is the same system I use to post images from my Postimage photo hosting site and have never had an issue, very easy.

The forum is now set to post all photos at 800 x 800 if the original photo is larger, any smaller sizes will be posted at their original size.

Des.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 11:02:27 AM by Des »
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com