Author Topic: New eBook: Building the Wingnut Wings AEG G.IV Late in 1/32 Scale  (Read 11994 times)

Offline Gilly

Re: New eBook: Building the Wingnut Wings AEG G.IV Late in 1/32 Scale
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2017, 01:22:10 AM »
Having just succumbed to temptation  ::) ::) and ordered a damaged AEG (late) from WNW I shall be requiring all the help I can muster Kev and look forward to acquiring a digital copy :)

Offline kfutter

• KLP Publishing
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2017, 07:50:18 AM »
Having just succumbed to temptation  ::) ::) and ordered a damaged AEG (late) from WNW I shall be requiring all the help I can muster Kev and look forward to acquiring a digital copy :)

Thanks, Gilly. Karim says it's a terrific kit, but he did make a few minor improvements. I've got the 'early' kit myself, and appreciate how daunting it is!

Kev

Offline kfutter

• KLP Publishing
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2017, 04:19:14 PM »
I just wanted to let everyone know that after a couple of minor (but worthwhile) delays, I'm close to wrapping this one up, and should have it ready to launch in the next few days. Along with Karim's excellent build of the Wingnut Wings kit, there also extensive tutorials on painting wooden props (27 pages!), and rigging (12 pages). There's a pair of bonus chapters featuring the Mercedes D.IVa engine, too!

Kev

Offline davec

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2017, 09:21:04 PM »
I am really looking forward to the release and am planning to buy a copy.  I watched Karim's build on LSP, which was incredibly impressive.  Could really use some help with painting propellers and rigging.  Ended up with both an AEG early and late from the distressed kit sale.

Dave

Offline kfutter

• KLP Publishing
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2017, 09:47:56 PM »
Cheers, Dave. The book currently tops out at 167 pages, so there's a good deal of information in there! The prop tutorial is really 4 mini-tutorials, as Karim describes the 4 main methods he uses to create wood-grain effects on props. With the rigging tutorial, he focusses on the main technique he used to rig the AEG. (We're contemplating developing an entire publication dedicated to rigging techniques, which would be much more expansive, and much more comprehensive.)

Hopefully I'll have a launch announcement for you guys soon. Let me leave you with a teaser:

Kev

Offline kfutter

• KLP Publishing
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2017, 12:58:29 PM »
OK, I'm pleased to finally be able to announce that this one is now available!

Building the Wingnut Wings AEG G.IV Late in 1/32 Scale

The price is $15 AUD (Australian dollars), and the product page contains some additional sample pages to try before you buy.

Cheers,

Kev

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2017, 10:26:02 PM »
This is great news. I had earlier "passed" on this Kit however decided to take advantage of the damaged goods discount in the recent sale with , as it turned out, excellent return. I've examined the survivor, 574/18, at the Canadian Aviation and Space Museum in Ottawa on several occasions over the years (last as recently as three weeks ago) and look forward to tackling this project. From what I've seen here this E-Book will be a great asset to have available....... thanks for your efforts Kev,  my order will follow later today!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline kfutter

• KLP Publishing
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2017, 09:18:11 AM »
Thanks, Lance! It's selling very well so far, and feedback has been great. Thanks to everyone who has purchased it so far, and I hope you all find it useful.

Cheers,

Kev

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2017, 12:05:37 PM »
An excellent book Kevin, I read it last night and was in awe of the wonderful photos, this is a must have book for anyone wanting to build the AEG but it is also extremely useful for learning painting and weathering techniques which can be applied to any aircraft build, I highly recommend this book and will be using it as a reference for years to come.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline kfutter

• KLP Publishing
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2017, 12:26:34 PM »
Thanks for your generous feedback, Des! Much appreciated.

Kev

Offline janh

« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2017, 07:29:55 PM »
What an absolutely brillant tutorial! The author uses all of the cottage industries articles which we are growing accustomed to to good effect and shows techniques on how to make the most of them. The most eyecatching gadget is a Silhouette plotter/cutter to make you own masks. With the demise of the ALPS printer this is,IMHO, the solution to go to to transfer an image into an mask. i've ordered one immediately

Offline kfutter

• KLP Publishing
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2017, 09:46:16 PM »
What an absolutely brillant tutorial! The author uses all of the cottage industries articles which we are growing accustomed to to good effect and shows techniques on how to make the most of them. The most eyecatching gadget is a Silhouette plotter/cutter to make you own masks. With the demise of the ALPS printer this is,IMHO, the solution to go to to transfer an image into an mask. i've ordered one immediately

Thanks for the terrific feedback, Jan! May I quote you on the website?

Cheers,

Kev

Offline janh

« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2017, 02:42:11 AM »
sure thing!

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2017, 03:47:27 AM »
   I down loaded and read through mine this morning, very impressive! I agree with Janh and Des, great information, better photos and well laid out. This is a real gem and I'll be making good use of it in very short order as my Kit is inevitably next in the queue for the work bench! Thanks Kev, I consider this great value for the $!
Cheers,
Lance