Author Topic: New eBook: Building the Wingnut Wings AEG G.IV Late in 1/32 Scale  (Read 12056 times)

Offline kfutter

• KLP Publishing
Howdy folks,

Firstly, thanks to Des for allowing me to sign up and post this announcement.

Some of you will recognise me as the guy who runs Large Scale Planes (LSP), but earlier this year I launched my own digital publishing venture, called KLP Publishing. Our first book, Building Brick's Sabre in 1/32 Scale, launched in mid-July.

Now I'm pleased to announce the first title in our Build Guide Series, entitled Building the Wingnut Wings AEG G.IV Late in 1/32 Scale:

Not only does it feature a detailed step-by-step guide to how Karim produced his fabulous model, but also dedicated tutorials on biplane rigging, and painting wooden propellors. Also included will be a set of walkaround photos featuring the Mercedes D.IVa engine located at the Royal Museum of the Army, in Brussels, Belgium.

And a couple of teaser images:

Keep an eye out on the website, or our Facebook page, for more information about this book, which I'll bring you as soon as it's to hand.

Kev

Offline Doug Mace

Re: New eBook: Building the Wingnut Wings AEG G.IV Late in 1/32 Scale
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 03:58:39 AM »
A very hale and hearty welcome, Kevin. A very sincere wow is in order as well...bring it on!        -M
"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes"  -   Oscar Wilde

Offline kfutter

• KLP Publishing
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 07:51:53 AM »
Thanks for the welcome Doug, and the kind words!

Kev

Offline Europapete

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 01:44:05 AM »
Excellent! thank you Kevin, I followed Karims build on LSP, and have grabbed an AEG Late in the WNW sale. Great timing !  Regards, Pete in RI.

Offline kfutter

• KLP Publishing
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2017, 07:02:22 AM »
Thanks, Pete. The AEG book is still a work in progress, with plenty more to be done before it's ready, so I hope we don't keep you waiting!

Kev

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2017, 04:27:38 PM »
It's great to see you here, Kev!!
Good luck with this and future publications  ;)

Cheers,
von B

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline kfutter

• KLP Publishing
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2017, 04:36:15 PM »
It's great to see you here, Kev!!
Good luck with this and future publications  ;)

Cheers,
von B

Thanks, Bob!

Kev

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2017, 06:57:51 PM »
Kev, I wish you every success with the KLP Publishing venture. The teaser photos suggest a work of very high quality. Do you have any ideas yet as to the price

The paradox is that whilst I am pretty unlikely ever to buy the WNW's AEG, it is quite likely that I will buy your build guide.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline kfutter

• KLP Publishing
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2017, 07:10:50 PM »
Kev, I wish you every success with the KLP Publishing venture. The teaser photos suggest a work of very high quality. Do you have any ideas yet as to the price

The paradox is that whilst I am pretty unlikely ever to buy the WNW's AEG, it is quite likely that I will buy your build guide.

Best wishes
Nigel

Thanks, Nigel. The price will be AU$15 (that's 15 Australian dollars, for everyone north of the border, or roughly US$12 at current exchange rates). I just need to reiterate, though, that this will be a digital publication (an eBook in PDF format), rather than a physical book. I'd hate for someone to buy the book and misunderstand what it is they've paid for. I appreciate that not everybody likes eBooks, but they do have their advantages, and it's those advantages that I'm trying to make the most of (no arbitrary limit on page count, large-format images, increased font sizes to cater for ageing eyes, among other things).

Cheers,

Kev

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2017, 07:22:47 PM »
I have the AEG in my stash so the ebook will be a must for me especially if it is going to be a benefit for my "old " eyes.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline kfutter

• KLP Publishing
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2017, 07:32:13 PM »
I have the AEG in my stash so the ebook will be a must for me especially if it is going to be a benefit for my "old " eyes.

Des.

Thanks, Des. The decision to make the fonts larger than traditionally found in print (including those magazines that are converted to digital for online distribution) was based on the experience I'm having with my own deteriorating eyesight, but also the desire to produce something that doesn't require you to zoom in all the time to get the most out of it. I love reading modelling magazines on my iPad (the main way I do it these days), but get annoyed at having to pinch-and-zoom all the time to see the photos clearly, or read the text comfortably.

Kev

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2017, 07:38:32 PM »
Thanks, Kev. The price sounds excellent value to me. I had picked up that it would be a digital publication and will add it to a small, but growing collection of similar works.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline kfutter

• KLP Publishing
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2017, 07:56:37 PM »
Thanks, Kev. The price sounds excellent value to me. I had picked up that it would be a digital publication and will add it to a small, but growing collection of similar works.

Best wishes
Nigel

Thanks again, Nigel. Glad to have your support. I wish I could give you a firm publication date, but it's still a work in progress, and I don't even have a final page count at this stage. It's likely to be north of 100, though (the Sabre book clocks in at 105 pages).

Cheers,

Kev

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2017, 03:08:24 PM »
This looks very promising. I'm not yet at the point of needing reading glasses but I am glad for the large font for other reasons.  I can position the tablet a bit further from my work area. Also, a larger font removes the temptation to get wordy, too many words will drown the pictures. You'll look at it and say, that ain't right.

Offline kfutter

• KLP Publishing
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2017, 03:31:01 PM »
This looks very promising. I'm not yet at the point of needing reading glasses but I am glad for the large font for other reasons.  I can position the tablet a bit further from my work area. Also, a larger font removes the temptation to get wordy, too many words will drown the pictures. You'll look at it and say, that ain't right.

Thanks for your interest, Jeff. The 'wordiness' of each title is largely down to the individual author, but my role as editor/publisher is to make each as concise as possible. One of the nice things about going digital is that there's no arbitrary limit on the page count, so if one build takes 100 pages to describe, and the next one requires 200, it's no problem.

Kev