Author Topic: WNW sells damaged kits  (Read 20690 times)

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
Re: WNW sells damaged kits
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2017, 10:21:49 AM »
Thanks Jamo

Your post re WD stops some rampant speculation as to what the code means. I was thinking it meant "water damage" but Dave J's explanation makes sense. This nips in the bud a whole new string of posts trying to interpret Wingnut Wings secret codes! :)

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Dave J

« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2017, 11:41:09 AM »
James is correct WD = Warehouse Damage. Was done so they don't get mixed into circulation of undamaged stock.
Dave Johnson
Wellington, New Zealand

Former Wingnut Wings Dungeon Master, Sales & Logistics Manager

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2017, 01:25:32 AM »
so chef Wylie Dufresne hasn't suddenly taken up graffiti?

there goes my theory...

Online hiddeous1973

• Don't worry, Baldrick has a cunning plan !!
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2017, 09:29:51 PM »
Well, my Junkers J.1 arrived today and water dammage really means water damage!
Guess most have been lucky... box is all but destroyed, booklet is useless (no problem) and decals are moulded.
But decals are also no problem, instruments can be sourced elsewhere and all the other markings I have left from a previous atempt.
But (heavens forbid) WnW has an other water problem, I will buy a kit without hesitation. the plastic is still ok, so there is still a fantastic kit in there.

Many thanks to WnW for this fantastic deal

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2017, 01:14:41 AM »
i can resist anything except temptation.

that's why i just ordered the Rumpler C.IV (early). My uncle built me a Rumpler C.V from the Guillow's kit when i was a kid. it was beautiful. so i could not resist because a) nostalgia and b) everything WNW does is top shelf. if it doesn't look awful after i build it, maybe i'll give it to him.

now i just have to worry about trivialities like "food" having committed most of my income to little plastic airplanes.. .

luckily i'm not really the target market for prepainted miniatures. but that tunnelling thing looks spiffy...

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2017, 07:26:36 PM »
Wingnuts is now advertising its sold out Albatros D.Va as a warehouse damaged deal for $ US 59. No word on how many they have but the adage 'last one at this price' might apply.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline davec

« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2017, 09:56:44 PM »
Two hours later, no longer listed.  Either they only had a few, or they sold really quickly.

Offline jamieg

« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2017, 12:44:30 AM »
Well, I just received my AEG G.IV (early) and if this kit is damaged I will eat it, my old socks and the underwear of every member of this group! I have gotten few kits from overseas in a condition superior to this. I am eternally grateful for this. I would never have been able to purchase this kit at full retail.

Offline łukasz

« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2017, 01:17:29 AM »
My friend Przemol ordered DH9a for me. I asked him very well, I was at the seaside. Today I got a package. Nothing bad. Only the box is torn. Decals and instructions are perfect.

Przemku  Thank you very much. Łukasz

[img] https://www.fotosik.pl/zdjecie/b5fba32021280a95 [img]
[img] https://www.fotosik.pl/zdjecie/3dad356d4d77843a [img]
[img] https://www.fotosik.pl/zdjecie/e6dc8dfc06210f8a [img]
glory to the heroes

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2017, 01:39:07 AM »
My friend Przemol ordered DH9a for me. I asked him very well, I was at the seaside. Today I got a package. Nothing bad. Only the box is torn. Decals and instructions are perfect.

Przemku  Thank you very much. Łukasz

[img] https://www.fotosik.pl/zdjecie/b5fba32021280a95 [img]
[img] https://www.fotosik.pl/zdjecie/3dad356d4d77843a [img]
[img] https://www.fotosik.pl/zdjecie/e6dc8dfc06210f8a [img]

You are most welcome, Łukasz. I am glad your Ninak arrived in a perfect condition!

Now the tables turned, I am off home, but I was just told by my beloved, that my late Rumpler has just arrived, too. Apparently in fine conditions, too, no damage whatsoever. And the SE5 book inside, too. However, the instruction book is missing, but this is not a problem, as we all know well, it can be easily got from WNW site. :-)
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2017, 10:21:01 AM »
The Albatros D.Va which seemed to sell out last night is back on the website today at $US 59. First in etc...

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

Offline Manni

• Der Militärmodellbauer
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2017, 03:27:15 PM »
So, I think everything is sold, only the two figure dios are left. Let's see if the will do something similar in the future.
Bye,
Manni
"Ich hab' da mal was vorbereitet.": Jean Pütz
"Warum noch mehr Bausätze?!?": meine Frau

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2017, 10:22:12 PM »
A question for those who have been at this longer: is this the first time they've done this?

Btw I ordered the Albatros but it hasn't shipped yet. Waiting on a Rumpler C.IV too.

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2017, 12:18:46 AM »
A question for those who have been at this longer: is this the first time they've done this?

I am 99.9% sure that this is the first time they do this.

Offline Doug Mace

« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2017, 08:16:29 AM »
Well now, I do believe I must join the chorus of those who were ever so happy with their WD kits...I ordered one of the very last of them, the Rumpler, a week ago yesterday and received it here in the States just yesterday....one corner of the box is a bit crunched but it's contents are 100% intact and complete. Spot on, Wingnuts...thanks so much.
"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes"  -   Oscar Wilde