Author Topic: WNW sells damaged kits  (Read 20874 times)

Offline mgunns

Re: WNW sells damaged kits
« Reply #75 on: September 28, 2017, 09:59:18 PM »
Thanks for the reminder. :)
For some reason the P9 Photo Etch rudder attachment isn't on the PE Fret.  You will need to put some sort of eyelet on the end of the rudder bar so it extends past the fusleage to attach the rigging lines to the rudder.  (See attached)

The PE Part is on the fret for the Post War NINAK and on the DH9, maybe you could get WNW to ship you a spare PE fret from one of those kits.  When I did my NINAK, I used an eyelet on either side that I got from Bob's Buckles.
Good luck and have fun, it is a neat model.
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline macsporran

« Reply #76 on: October 02, 2017, 10:24:05 PM »
My AEG finally arrived this morning via a ParcelFarce man wearing a Dick Turpin mask!
Actually I know him quite well and we chat about the kits he delivers to me, as he holds a pilot's licence himself. He couldn't believe the PF handling charge.

The sums are as follows:
WNW WD AEG 129 USD  plus shipping 32 USD = 161USD.
Paid by PayPal, converted to 127.55GBP
PF tax charge 23.16GBP
PF Handling Charge 11.25GBP
Total cost delivered to my door = 161.96GBP. No free datafile.

Now at time of ordering, Starling Models in UK were offering brand spanking new AEGs for 185GBP.
So, if my kit's decals were ruined I could end up spending more for a knackered kit than a new one.

Thankfully the kit only has a damaged box and a few distorted plastic parts, so I have saved 20GBP by opting for a knackered box - probably the same I'd have got off a similarly damaged kit at a show trade stand.

Please note, I intend no brickbats for WNW, although I've bought heavy books from NZ for much less than 32USD shipping.
No, my horror is at ParcelForce charging 11.25GBP so I can have the privilege of sending them money to deliver a kit I've already paid  delivery on.

I envy the reports of WD kits arriving elsewhere in the world with no tax or surcharges, but I am extremely unlikely to order anything direct from WNW again - unless just possibly in a big bundle of discounted kits, where the Handling Charge might become less unpalatable.
Grumpy S
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 11:36:33 PM by macsporran »

Offline jeroen_R90S

« Reply #77 on: October 05, 2017, 05:14:54 AM »
Macsporran, that is pretty much why I resisted the temptation... and, of course, too much kits and too little time!

Offline Manni

• Der Militärmodellbauer
« Reply #78 on: October 06, 2017, 07:22:34 PM »
Hey, finally I got my AEG early type.
Condition was very good and I also got the Se5a Datafile. But as otheres mentioned before I won't order again for several reasons:
The original kit's price is 229€ -5% bonus at my retailer in Germany that's 254$ delivered to my door.
I paid 129+32$ for the kit plus shipping + 30$ local tax that is 191$ and had to go to the custom office with a lot of paper and waiting time.
Ok, 63 bugs are 63 bugs. May be....once again?
Bye,
Manni
"Ich hab' da mal was vorbereitet.": Jean Pütz
"Warum noch mehr Bausätze?!?": meine Frau

Offline davec

« Reply #79 on: October 06, 2017, 11:54:37 PM »
My AEG early and Rumpler arrived Wednesday after a little confusion with the local post office.  I had ordered an AEG late, both Ninaks, and the DH9 when the original sale started.  No taxes or customs issues here in the US, and all 6 models have no problems with the sprues or decals.  Even with shipping from NZ, ended up 40% less than list price with free shipping.  Very happy.  Doubt they will have a sale like this again, but if they did, would definitely order (assuming I have some of these completed before then - now have a few years worth of projects on the shelf).

Dave

Offline erikr

« Reply #80 on: October 07, 2017, 01:23:13 AM »
I think I got the last of the damaged kits, an early Rumpler.  It was the only type on their water-damaged ordering page and when I went back to the website about a minute later there were no water-damaged kits available!  It came with just a small crunch in the corner of the box and everything was perfect, got the SE5a book too!

Erik

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #81 on: October 14, 2017, 07:32:05 AM »
  My AEG (late version) finally arrived. The only "Damage" apparent is a slightly crushed corner on the box! I am very happy with the end price as well; I got nailed with a Sales tax of just over $5 and $11 Customs Fee bringing the total cost to roughly $180 Canadian. This is about 40% less then ordering from a Canadian Distributer and paying the postage. The sprues, decals, and instructions are in perfect condition............. heck of a deal and I'd do it again!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #82 on: October 14, 2017, 06:17:17 PM »
a friend of mine got an E.IV right before the sale ended with parts missing. its' the only one i've heard of that's unbuildable, and of my 5 only one had ruined decals (the Albatros D.Va, and i had no intention of using the kit markings anyway).

Offline mgunns

« Reply #83 on: October 15, 2017, 01:23:18 PM »
Your friend may be able to get the missing parts from WNW for a reasonable fee.  I'd give that a try.
Mark

We few, we happy few.....