Author Topic: WNW sells damaged kits  (Read 20684 times)

Offline Manni

• Der Militärmodellbauer
WNW sells damaged kits
« on: August 25, 2017, 03:34:38 PM »
WNW sells damaged kits up to 75% less.

https://shop.wingnutwings.com/

Might be interesting for some conversions/ abandoned planes.
Manni
"Ich hab' da mal was vorbereitet.": Jean Pütz
"Warum noch mehr Bausätze?!?": meine Frau

Offline macsporran

Re: WNW sells damaged kits
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 05:32:59 PM »
For those that don't get the WNW newsletter, here is the update:

"Website Only - Damaged Stock items
https://shop.wingnutwings.com/

We are clearing out some water etc damaged stock which is being sold directly through our website with shipping from New Zealand charged at cost.

-All damaged stock items sold strictly “as is” with no returns accepted.
-Damaged and/or missing contents can not be replaced free of charge (but the plastic parts are usually in perfect condition).
-Some damaged/missing contents may be available to order separately (subject to availability).
-Available only while stocks last and only through shop.wingnutwings.com.

To avoid unnecessary disappointment please understand these Damaged Stock items are not in perfect condition. Conditions vary between nearly perfect and very badly damaged (some examples are shown). Due to time constraints we are unfortunately not able to inspect the condition of specific damaged models by request. Sorry.

Regards
Richard Alexander
General Manager"

I was about to hit the buy on a Tin Donkey, then realised that with shipping and customs duty added it would cost more than the original release which I'd decided to pass on some years ago. Probably a good buy in those countries where customs don't pounce. Wish they'd show an ebay-style pic of exactly what you are getting with each damaged kit though. (I can't find the examples he mentions, by the way.)
Sandy

PS I think it means good plastic bits but water-damaged box, booklet and/or decals in most cases.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 05:42:52 PM by macsporran »

Offline Jim

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 05:50:02 PM »
Yeah, I bought a Rumpler C.IV (late) earlier today for 50% off RRP.

I decided to buy a damaged one since it's a kit I currently don't have and probably wouldn't get if I had to pay full price, even though I like a few of the schemes (plus it's my b'day in a few weeks time :-) ).

It will be interesting to see if the kit I receive will be just box damaged (fingers crossed!) or whether some of the sprues will also be damaged and to what extent.
Woof!

Offline miecio52

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 06:05:25 PM »
Ninak bought, interesting business. ;)
Regards
 Mietek
 IPMS Poland / Silesia

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2017, 07:55:13 PM »
Yeah, I bought a Rumpler C.IV (late) earlier today for 50% off RRP.

I decided to buy a damaged one since it's a kit I currently don't have and probably wouldn't get if I had to pay full price, even though I like a few of the schemes (plus it's my b'day in a few weeks time :-) ).

It will be interesting to see if the kit I receive will be just box damaged (fingers crossed!) or whether some of the sprues will also be damaged and to what extent.

Copy that exactly.  :D
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline hiddeous1973

• Don't worry, Baldrick has a cunning plan !!
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2017, 08:08:13 PM »
Got myself a Junkers J.1
Had one, but that one crashed and burned, could not get the wing struts in place with taht monster wing...
Looking at the picture on the website I figure it will be water damage, so no insturctions and no decals. I have the instructions and half a decal sheet left, so that is mostly replacing instument decals, no problem.
I will be thinning that monster wing and wing half connections to a bare minimum this time!

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2017, 08:17:16 PM »
Looking at the picture on the website I figure it will be water damage, so no insturctions and no decals. ...

I do hope the plastic bags with the decals sealed held, the decals may still be there ;)
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline hiddeous1973

• Don't worry, Baldrick has a cunning plan !!
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2017, 08:49:44 PM »
Guess I was on time, the Junkers is no longer listed!

Online Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2017, 10:45:56 PM »
They are going fast  :o  :o

Offline tom1815

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2017, 10:51:08 PM »
 Brought the Ninak, Im hoping its not totally trashed, I noticed a couple of other posts mention water logged instructions which would be sad as its a nice booklet but at least WNW have a free down loadable one on their website. So fingers crossed that the Ninak will be buildable or it could end up being a crashed aircraft lol.

Offline jamieg

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2017, 10:59:12 PM »
Well, at a $100USD discount, I splurged for an AEG G.IV (early), a kit I had decided I could not justify at regular prices. All portions of my anatomy are crossed that it will be buildable! I can live with the decals being bad, the instructions destroyed and the box a mushy mess, as long as the plastic is good or repairable. If it comes in better than that, I'll buy some lottery tickets!

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2017, 12:15:23 AM »
They are going fast  :o  :o

Are they ever, just flying off the shelves! I missed the notice originally, might have considered taking a chance however the small list remaining doesn't have any that really interest me........
Cheers,
Lance

Offline mgunns

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2017, 09:49:41 PM »
Exercising absolutely no self restraint and within the constraints of my budget, I popped for not only a Felixstowe but; yet another post war NINAK!  The PHEON sheet for the post war NINAK has too many cool schemes not to do. 
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2017, 12:56:10 AM »
kicking myself for not having subscribed to the newsletter. by the time i got the list was a lot smaller that what you guys are talking about.

i did order an Airco DH.9 and a DFW C.V. i'll be using the Pheon decals for the DH.9 (Stubbs and Bannerman). hoping the C.V's decals are OK.

if the photo on the website is the actual photo, i'm cautiously optimistic... and heartbroken i missed out on the Snipe, E.IV and Fee.

Offline davec

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2017, 01:41:25 AM »
I took a chance, too, and ordered a DH-9, DH-9A postwar, and AEG late.  I'm optimistic that the kits will be OK (or at least good enough)- the way WNW individually packages everything in plastic bags should make them pretty resistant to water damage.  Pheon has decals for the DH-9 and DH-9A.  There doesn't seem to be any aftermarket decals for the AEG, but some of the paint schemes are simple enough that it might make me take the leap and get a silhouette stencil cutter and try making some masks. I get intimidated by the pristine new wingnut kits, and am hoping that starting with something that is "damaged" might make me get daring and experiment some more  as I build.

Dave