Author Topic: WNW Taube announced for October  (Read 7714 times)

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
Re: WNW Taube announced for October
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2017, 06:34:41 AM »
It is quite a big bird.
That I hadn't really realised. Someone shared photos on Facebook of their build next to a D.Va and I was shocked at just how big it is!
Zac in NZ

Online PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2017, 06:03:37 PM »
It seems that Taube is building a delay, now it is scheduled for late October till MID NOVEMBER  ???
http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/B4DFCD1E410899C21A13398536319A3F
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2017, 08:08:30 PM »
It seems that Taube is building a delay, now it is scheduled for late October till MID NOVEMBER  ???

Sad news, but on the bright side, will help to wait for Black Friday sales (U.S. and hopefully worldwide).   ::)

Online rhwinter

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2017, 08:58:41 PM »
Or will the Taube become Wingnut Wings' 2017 Christmas surprise???

Offline mgunns

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2017, 09:48:29 PM »
When I first saw this I had little interest in it, but; as I look at the finished model by Zdenko Bugan, and read the "Interesting Facts" about the evolution of the actual airplane, I am more impressed with it and it's historical significance.  As the kit and a release date has already been announced, I wouldn't think it would be a WNW Christmas surprise, but one never knows with WNW. I wouldn't be surprised to see a multiple kit release of kits that have gone "Sold Out" in special packaging like the "Green Tail" Albatros set and the LVG and Camel in the latest "Dualist" release.  As an aside, it would seem that getting rid of WETA workshop as a sole distributor and selling these kits through world wide distributors has put some spark back in their production.  I can now get them from my local brick and mortar hobby dealer, which is nice.  I may just hint to SWMBO that this would be an ideal Christmas present for me, as she liked it too.
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline Juan

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2017, 11:34:21 PM »
Wonder why they have not listed the downloadable PDF instruction booklet yet.   :o

Offline Manni

• Der Militärmodellbauer
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2017, 05:10:26 PM »
Now Wingnuts announce on their news page, that the shipping of the kit will start on the 24th, October.
Fingers crossed.
Manni
"Ich hab' da mal was vorbereitet.": Jean Pütz
"Warum noch mehr Bausätze?!?": meine Frau

Offline eindecker

• The penultimate word in scale modeling since 1956
    • Models In Scale
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2017, 01:45:43 AM »
I had been wondering what to put on my birthday list (Nov 13) but wonder no more. I suppose I will have to admit to my fondness for rigging. Even though my conscious mind often rebels at the thought of it, I seem to have built the DH-2, the Eindecker and a number of heavily rigged biplanes. When I was a teenager I even built the old Revell Flying Cloud. Maybe that’s what did it. The endless rigging, plastic blocks and pervasive smell of tube glue.

I’m in line to get the Stahltaube. I’ll put it right on top of my Felixstowe and wait for the long winter to descend again so that I’ll have time and reason to begin one of them first.
Michael Scott
Author of "The Q Fragments" http://Http://theqfragments.com & Amazon for paperback and Kindle.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2017, 06:28:54 AM »
Rigging, in my opinion the best part of building any WW1 aircraft model, the more rigging the better. I scratch built a 1:32 Taube and the rigging though complex was quite easy to install and looks great when completed. I have done some fairly heavily rigged models including the Fokker Spinne, the DH.2 and the Voisin 3, all were a delight to rig.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Juan

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2017, 11:59:46 AM »
Now available for purchase.

Offline eindecker

• The penultimate word in scale modeling since 1956
    • Models In Scale
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2017, 02:15:30 PM »
Rigging, in my opinion the best part of building any WW1 aircraft model, the more rigging the better. I scratch built a 1:32 Taube and the rigging though complex was quite easy to install and looks great when completed. I have done some fairly heavily rigged models including the Fokker Spinne, the DH.2 and the Voisin 3, all were a delight to rig.

Des.

It is interesting and rather sad that so many Modelers are put off by rigging aircraft. It’s far easier than a three masted wooden ship model. As to WWI planes, rigging is certainly a fundamental aspect of the aircraft and nothing to be avoided whenever possible. Hard core armor modelers will put up with track links composed of multiple parts (which I consider a symptom of borderline modeling insanity) but turn pale at the notion of rigging a biplane.

For me, a great aspect of aircraft like the Stahltaube, Eindeckers and FEs is their rigging.
Michael Scott
Author of "The Q Fragments" http://Http://theqfragments.com & Amazon for paperback and Kindle.

Offline Borsos

« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2017, 01:58:41 AM »
Hm... as WWI modelling is the coolest thing on earth, biplane rigging is a necessary evil. No love, no friendship from my side, happy when done and over each time.
w-lan Borsos
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline jeff shreve

« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2017, 02:54:12 AM »
Apparently WNW did a sneaky thing and shipped earlier than the 24th. Taube landed in Flushing, Mi yesterday. Another great kit!

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2017, 02:43:04 AM »
Ok, so now when does the " Christmas Surprise" speculation heat up ?

Ed
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2017, 11:13:12 AM »
Ok, so now when does the " Christmas Surprise" speculation heat up ?

Ed

Somehow my text didn't appear here. My comment was "I believe Wingnut's Christmas Surprise issue will occur the first/second week of December............................ their BE.2, followed by an announcement of a D.VIII / E.V in the near future"!
   We can all dream, it's free!
Cheers,
Lance
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 12:18:33 AM by lcarroll »