Author Topic: WNW Taube announced for October  (Read 7670 times)

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
WNW Taube announced for October
« on: August 25, 2017, 08:23:38 AM »
I have just noticed that WNW have announced release of their Taube for this October. Many new info available, too :-)
http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/product?productid=3162
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline Rob_Owens

Re: WNW Taube announced for October
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 12:56:30 PM »
Will be greeted, to be sure, with resounding "Huzzahs" by some, but if WnW is going to treat early WWI machines, I'd prefer something in the Bleriot/Farman/Caudron line.  Still, part of the WnW magic is that what The Collective wants doesn't matter a tinker's damn to Sir Peter & Co.

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 02:28:06 PM »
Will be greeted, to be sure, with resounding "Huzzahs" by some, but if WnW is going to treat early WWI machines, I'd prefer something in the Bleriot/Farman/Caudron line.  Still, part of the WnW magic is that what The Collective wants doesn't matter a tinker's damn to Sir Peter & Co.

Yes. And "Huzzah", though!

Offline Manni

• Der Militärmodellbauer
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 03:30:59 PM »
Great news. Want it, want it, want it..... :P
Bye,
Manni
"Ich hab' da mal was vorbereitet.": Jean Pütz
"Warum noch mehr Bausätze?!?": meine Frau

Offline miecio52

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2017, 05:56:11 PM »
YES,yes,yes ;D
Regards
 Mietek
 IPMS Poland / Silesia

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2017, 06:36:25 AM »
kinda crazy they want $119 for it, not much plastic or decals involved, i guess they figured it would be odd enuff that every one of us dorks would HAVE to get one so may as well get max profit. i seriously expected $89 to $99 range max. consider the new camel with its double wings and more decals and the fokker d.vii with its double wings and tonnes of decals. its a monoplane with crosses and serials basically. yes i know the wings are decent sized but imho not worth a $120 . just my opinion fwiw but was definitely surprised at the price.

Offline petrov27

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2017, 08:49:43 AM »
Yeah its spendy but it may be a consideration that very few would buy more than one of the Taube whereas in many cases a single buyer will purchase more than one of the Camel or DVII
-Patrick

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2017, 09:45:06 AM »
    I'm thinking that the super thin tapered wings and control surfaces might be part of the reason and the intricate rib details as well, the molds would have to be very finely done.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2017, 12:15:07 PM »
It comes with wire spoke wheels, two engines, and it's kinda big.  So if they get the wings thin enough to see through the trailing edge then the price seems in line with their other kits, to me anyway.

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2017, 03:28:21 PM »
It is quite a big bird.

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2017, 05:57:25 PM »
IMHO, WNW differentiate the kits prices in three (for now) groups: single-seater, two-seater, two-engine. Taube belongs to the second group, and these are priced 119-129USD. And the overall dimension of it makes it belong to that group, too.
Number of wings, decals, etc, does not matter much (Fokker D.VII being an exception) - otherwise the Fokker E series would be cheaper than, say, Camels.
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline Borsos

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2017, 06:34:42 PM »
Size and thickness of the wings - they seem to be very difficult to produce....
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2017, 11:49:21 AM »
all valid reasoning me mates and truly could be why. i just had a little sticker shock i spose. i was thinking it woulda been a $99 type of thing. oh well. it is one of my favorite taube varietal though and the pe looks quite comprehensive for rigging that beast.

Offline Peter Wagner

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2017, 08:44:31 AM »
I've noticed that the Taube is now available for pre-order on the Weta Workshop site.  I tried to pre-order 2 kits, but at check out I was charged twice for shipping.  I recall from earlier threads that this issue had been "fixed."  Is this the understanding of other forum members?

I cancelled my pre-order.  I plan to buy two of these beauties, but want to avoid paying twice for shipping if it can be helped.

Offline JiffyJDavies

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2017, 09:44:33 AM »
I initially thought it was a tad expensive, then realised it is a 2 seater and is priced accordingly.