Author Topic: 1/48 Sierra scale models UFAG C.I  (Read 4138 times)

Offline pustota

1/48 Sierra scale models UFAG C.I
« on: September 21, 2017, 07:47:03 PM »
The result:

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
Re: 1/48 Sierra scale models UFAG C.I
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 10:20:57 PM »
    Amazing results from a very basic Kit! This is an impressive model, and shows what talent and persistence can produce from the barest of materials. When I scrolled back to the first entry in the Under Construction Thread I was blown away by the first photo of the Vacuform sheet as compared to the beautiful replica here. Detail, crafted lozenge, great finish and weathering, and solid construction are all here; you should be extremely proud of a one of a kind and beautifully done Model!
   Great work! 8) 8) 8)
Cheers,
Lance

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 02:41:22 AM »
    Amazing results from a very basic Kit! This is an impressive model, and shows what talent and persistence can produce from the barest of materials. When I scrolled back to the first entry in the Under Construction Thread I was blown away by the first photo of the Vacuform sheet as compared to the beautiful replica here. Detail, crafted lozenge, great finish and weathering, and solid construction are all here; you should be extremely proud of a one of a kind and beautifully done Model!
   Great work! 8) 8) 8)
Cheers,
Lance

I couldn't have said it better myself, Pustota!  Masterfully done.  One would never know that this marvelous creation came from a very basic vacuform kit.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 02:53:47 AM »
Beautifully done Pustota, congratulations.

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 04:49:29 AM »
   Great work! 8) 8) 8)
Cheers,
Lance

I couldn't have said it better myself, Pustota!  Masterfully done.  One would never know that this marvelous creation came from a very basic vacuform kit.
Cheers,
Bud

Gotta Agree with Lance and Bud !!!

Ed
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline pustota

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2017, 05:29:41 AM »
Thank you, guys! Its a great honor to achieve a such high positive critics from you, thank you.

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2017, 06:47:42 AM »
I could not express myself better than Lance. I am totally amazed that such a wonderful model could be produced from a vacuform kit. The finish is first class.

Stephen.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2017, 07:12:24 AM »
From a very basic vacuform to a magnificent looking model, congratulations on achieving such splendid results.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline davec

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2017, 08:51:56 AM »
beautiful work - congratulations on finishing!

Dave

Bughunter

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2017, 10:18:08 PM »
Great work (even if the weathering is a bit too much for my taste), agree too with Lance and Bud.
Never touched a vacuform kit, so I can only guess how much effort you put into this model!

Cheers,
Frank

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2017, 11:43:25 PM »
   Great work! 8) 8) 8)
Cheers,
Lance

Cheers,
Bud

Well I agree with Bud and Lance completely! I was amazed as I followed your build from crude vac to beautiful aircraft Model.
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Dirigible-Al

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2017, 01:27:07 AM »
I too agree with what has been said, an enviable result. It is also hard to believe it is in 1/48!
Alan.
I heard that it all started when a bloke called Archie Duke shot an ostrich 'cause he was hungry!