Author Topic: Replacing PB photos in threads: Time consuming to Say the Least!  (Read 3810 times)

Offline RAGIII

Re: Replacing PB photos in threads: Time consuming to Say the Least!
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2017, 04:28:22 AM »
I have finished updating the Encore Fokker F1 and SE5a duel build: Plus MvR. It probably took 20 hrs worth of downloading and replacing photos in the thread. I think I see PB thought process. They figure once we realize the amount of time involved we will dcide $399.00 is worth all of the hours. I will not do it although it is becoming tempting. I have more or less given up on postimage. I tried downloading 40 images and all but 4 failed. I tried 10 and 6 failed. tried 4 and 1 failed, so on and so on. I am having better luck with Flickr although it is still time consuming.

Another issue I have is that many of my build photos are on my old , but still operating laptop. I never figured out how to transfer the photos to my new PC so I also have to search both for appropriate images.

RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2017, 09:03:03 AM »
Rick, I never load more than one photo at a time on Postimage, it may take a little longer but at least there are no issues. I just recently upload 190 photos onto Postimage one at a time and did not have any problems, all the photos went across well and once completed I then downloaded all the photos, again one at a time, onto the forum. It may be a time consuming process but at least it works and works well.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2017, 06:16:02 PM »
Rick, I never load more than one photo at a time on Postimage, it may take a little longer but at least there are no issues. I just recently upload 190 photos onto Postimage one at a time and did not have any problems, all the photos went across well and once completed I then downloaded all the photos, again one at a time, onto the forum. It may be a time consuming process but at least it works and works well.

Des.

Thanks Des. Yes one at a time seems to work. One thing about Flickr I don't like is that it doesn't show my photo number like PB and post image. Dowmloads  at a time are no problem though. I guess I need to decide between the two evils  :-\
RAGIII
PS: I loaded 448 photos to my album for the Pfalz and Salmson build yesterday!

wnwsalmson 007 by Richard Geisler, on Flickr
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 08:41:27 PM by RAGIII »

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2017, 10:59:05 PM »
I have updated all of the photos in the Pfalz and Salmson Build. Next up is the Albatros and Sni[pe  8)
RAGIII