Author Topic: Replacing PB photos in threads: Time consuming to Say the Least!  (Read 3820 times)

Offline RAGIII

I completed changing over the Photos in My build Log on the Avis Fokker EV from PB to Post Image. It took approximately 4 and 1/2 hours to complete the process. I started with this thread because it is still in progress and has a lot less photos than some of my others. So my point is it is going to be an EXTREME effort to do all of my threads. Damn Photo Bucket for doing this to us!
RAGIII

http://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?topic=8123.0
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Borsos

Re: Replacing PB photos in threads: Time consuming to Say the Least!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 06:49:11 AM »
I changed to picload but it's as time consuming as you pointed out. I totally agree in your anger on photobucket. That's been one of the most insolent actions I've ever seen. I wonder if they still have customers at all.
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline davec

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 11:23:46 PM »
RAGIII-

I'm really appreciative of you and others investing the time to restore your photos.  I realize it must be tedious and time consuming, but the logs are so much more useful with the pictures.  It would be a shame to have all that incredible work and helpful information no longer available. 

thanks!

Dave

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 01:11:36 AM »
RAGIII-

I'm really appreciative of you and others investing the time to restore your photos.  I realize it must be tedious and time consuming, but the logs are so much more useful with the pictures.  It would be a shame to have all that incredible work and helpful information no longer available. 

thanks!

Dave

Thanks Dave I spent another 5 hrs. yesterday just downloading Fokker DR1,F1, and SE5a photos. >:(
RAGIII

Offline Pete Wenman

• Pete Wenman Aviation Art
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2017, 01:37:51 AM »

RAGIII - just to add as a new member of the forum I am also very grateful to you for replacing your photos, as so many threads, particularly build threads, have been ruined by PB's action.

Your time investment is appreciated

Thanks

P

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2017, 01:48:14 AM »

RAGIII - just to add as a new member of the forum I am also very grateful to you for replacing your photos, as so many threads, particularly build threads, have been ruined by PB's action.

Your time investment is appreciated

Thanks

P

Thanks. I just received Notification that my Plus Membership is due to be paid Sept. 1st. I doubt that I will have time to replace all of them by that date. When they disappear it will be even harder to do.
RAGIII

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2017, 03:23:14 AM »
Very frustrating RAG III

I'm trying to post photos using Flickr as I always have done in the past (though not for a while). This is to record construction of my latest build. The trouble is it now simply loads as a link to my photos at Flickr rather than embedding the photos themselves. So what is the problem I ask myself - well ok and others with expertise?

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline IanB

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2017, 06:18:02 AM »
I've replaced most of the pics on my more recent threads (last year or two), and it's actually not too difficult after they disappear as the link you will see on here when you go to the "modify" page shows the pic ref, so you should be able to match the correct ones.
It's still tedious though!

Nigel, after you've pasted the Flickr link, delete everything outside the [img] at each end. Thus will embed the pic and stop the link to your page.

Ian
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 06:22:04 AM by IanB »

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2017, 08:08:26 AM »

Nigel, after you've pasted the Flickr link, delete everything outside the [img] at each end. Thus will embed the pic and stop the link to your page.

Ian

Thanks Ian. It's midnight here now, so I'll give it a go tomorrow.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2017, 01:56:43 AM »
Well, I've got there, thanks, Ian. What I also found was that I was mistaken in trying to use the insert image button on the forum as well. Thanks too to Edgar, who also offered a nice alternative in Photouploader

Let's hope it's all go from here.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2017, 05:01:43 AM »
Rick,

I too have been replacing all of my pictures and agree that it is very time consuming, although as i write this I have one log left to replace. I recorded (with pen and paper) the photo numbers from Photobucket in the logs by using the modify (or on other sites edit), button and then copied the original photos from the files on my home computer. I did not know that PB intend to close my account down in September - not that it will bother me if they do because they will not be getting me as a customer - so if I were in your shoes I would go through your logs and just record the numbers at this stage. Later when you have time you can re-insert the pictures. I am sure that the rest of us can wait as we fully understand your problem as we appreciate your efforts and the efforts of others to replace the pictures. I can also understand why some people are not doing so - too much modelling time lost.

Stephen.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2017, 07:00:43 PM »
Rick,

I too have been replacing all of my pictures and agree that it is very time consuming, although as i write this I have one log left to replace. I recorded (with pen and paper) the photo numbers from Photobucket in the logs by using the modify (or on other sites edit), button and then copied the original photos from the files on my home computer. I did not know that PB intend to close my account down in September - not that it will bother me if they do because they will not be getting me as a customer - so if I were in your shoes I would go through your logs and just record the numbers at this stage. Later when you have time you can re-insert the pictures. I am sure that the rest of us can wait as we fully understand your problem as we appreciate your efforts and the efforts of others to replace the pictures. I can also understand why some people are not doing so - too much modelling time lost.

Stephen.

I am glad to hear you are replacing the photos in your outstanding builds!

Now for MORE FRUSTRATION on my part! I turned to Postimage as my new host. I had trouble downloading more than 3 images at a time but suffered through and finally after about 10 hours of total work got all of the DR1, F1, and SE5a photos loaded. I have been using postimage with no problem. Click on the photo, click share, and copy the code when the choices pop up. Well this Morning I clicked on the share button and NOTHING HAPPENS! No url / IMG codes appear. This Means NO way to share the images from this host! I tried refresh, shutting down my lap top and going back to the site but NO JOY!  so I will now have to do this all again on Flickr or imgur or wherever!  >:(
RAGIII

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2017, 07:51:29 PM »
I have been using Postimage for years without an issue, today for some reason I can't upload any images to Postimage. I waited an hour and tried again this time I managed to upload around 8 images then it all stopped again, guess they must be having problems with the increased traffic they are now experiencing, I will try again later.

Des.

PS. Photobucket deleted all my saved photos without any warning, they didn't give me a chance to move my photos to another site, thanks a lot Photobucket.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2017, 09:25:02 PM »
I went and watched a bit of TV then came back and uploaded over 40 photos to Postimage without any problems. I think that Postimage hosting has picked up a lot of new customers because of the Photobucket fiasco and because of this they may be getting overloaded at times, I'm sure they will adjust their settings to accommodate the extra customers.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2017, 01:54:09 AM »
I have been using Postimage for years without an issue, today for some reason I can't upload any images to Postimage. I waited an hour and tried again this time I managed to upload around 8 images then it all stopped again, guess they must be having problems with the increased traffic they are now experiencing, I will try again later.

Des.

PS. Photobucket deleted all my saved photos without any warning, they didn't give me a chance to move my photos to another site, thanks a lot Photobucket.

Des,
I switched browsers and everything worked fine although I am still having multiple photo issues. If I load 10 about half freeze and do not complete. Still better than extortion!
RAGIII