Author Topic: Encore Fokker Triplane and WNW SE5a Dual build Plus DR1 425/17 Completed  (Read 5559 times)

Offline Rob_Owens

IMHO, you NAILED the shade of red on 425/17 (care to share your formula??) and the streaking on 103/17 (you obviously followed Lynda's caution ;)). With the lighting angle in the first photo of the latter, one can see why the the colo(u)r might have been described as "silver" in the British after-action reports.

Offline RAGIII

IMHO, you NAILED the shade of red on 425/17 (care to share your formula??) and the streaking on 103/17 (you obviously followed Lynda's caution ;)). With the lighting angle in the first photo of the latter, one can see why the the colo(u)r might have been described as "silver" in the British after-action reports.

Thanks for the great comments Rob! As for the DR1 color, start with a base coat of any Tamiya beige/tan. Use Drooling Bulldog Kraplac and screw up the application by allowing huge drips to come out of your airbrush cup and then strip some of the paint off. Drop a coffee cup full of coffee on the model and give up. Go back a Month later , sand and then re-spray with Valejo red deep.  ::)  I am attaching a link to the build thread about when things went South... and later recovered!

RAGIII

http://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?topic=7627.300

« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 08:33:12 AM by RAGIII »
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Bughunter

Nice trio! I like the colors.
What's the scale of the Encore models, also 1/32 I guess?

Cheers,
Frank

Offline RAGIII

Nice trio! I like the colors.
What's the scale of the Encore models, also 1/32 I guess?

Cheers,
Frank

Thanks for the comments Frank! As always I appreciate the feedback. The scale of all three is indeed 1/32nd.
RAGIII

Offline lone modeller

Rick you have pulled off a small piece of magic three times, (well four actually, given what happened to one of the triplanes). A super trio in every way and I too admire your perseverance in building three at once. Like Lance I struggle with one....!

Stephen

Offline RAGIII

Rick you have pulled off a small piece of magic three times, (well four actually, given what happened to one of the triplanes). A super trio in every way and I too admire your perseverance in building three at once. Like Lance I struggle with one....!

Stephen

Thanks for your comments Stephen!
RAGIII