Author Topic: Some OT Modeling  (Read 1333 times)

Offline Old Man

Some OT Modeling
« on: July 18, 2017, 05:08:18 AM »
And not too far off, either....

In addition to 'El Sonora', and a 54mm figure of a Royal Naval Division fellow at Antwerp in 1914, I am working on two scratch-built Fairey Flycatchers. These have un-cowled Jaguar 14 cylinder twin-row radials, which I have done from scratch....

(a U.S. penny is about 18mm in diameter)

I have just finished the instrument panels, and will be putting on the cockpit decking soon, so this is a sort of a farewell to the interior (the cockpit opening is pretty small, and I suspect much of this may never be seen again....

Offline RAGIII

Re: Some OT Modeling
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 05:18:31 AM »
WOW! The engine is spectacular on it's own let alone the rest! Your usual Stunning work!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 11:54:25 PM »
OM ,
Truly amazing work my old friend. This beautiful gem once again perfectly illustrates the work of a Master Scratch Builder. Well Done and Impressive.
Highest Regards
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline Old Man

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 01:34:41 PM »
Thank you very much, Gentlemen.

I've had a letch to do a Flycatcher for some while, and finally found some solid information on its service in China and in Palestine, when the Mushroom people put out a monograph on the type not long ago. Two wild stories required two models. One will be on floats, the other on wheels.