Author Topic: Revell Fokker D.VII  (Read 2147 times)

Offline Daryl_Huhtala

Revell Fokker D.VII
« on: August 01, 2017, 11:30:02 PM »
Old Revell 1:28 kit modified per Dr. Frank Mitchell's article in FineScale Modeler
This was my re-introduction to building WW1 subjects. First time use of lozenge decals (CSM), wood and streaked camouflage techniques.
Used EZLine and didn't care for it. I'll use monofilament fishing line on my next effort.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 12:50:19 AM by Daryl_Huhtala »
SUMUS QUOD SUMUS

Offline lone modeller

Re: Revell Fokker D.VII
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 03:49:01 AM »
That is a beautifully finished model. If you had not stated it was the old Revell kit it could have been mistaken for a WNW kit. Looking forward to seeing more of your WW1 models in future.

Stephen.

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 03:53:27 AM »
Congrats on a great looking build Daryl.   :D

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 11:25:08 PM »
You have done a remarkable job on the Revelle 1/28th kit. I had the kit and article and decided it was more work than I wanted to do :-[ Your construction utilizing the conversion article looks flawless! I love the scheme and find the red and black stripes credible in spite of  popular opinion that it was just Jasta 6 stripes overpainted. The problem with that theory is/was that the darker black areas are lighter than where the white would have been on a Jasta 6 scheme. I am very impressed! Beautiful job on the streaking!!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2017, 06:59:57 AM »
   Very nicely done Daryl, a different scheme then we've seen here and flawless finish, wonderful job on a difficult model to correct. Looking forward to more of your work!
Cheers,
Lance