Author Topic: And the winners are  (Read 10261 times)

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
And the winners are
« on: July 04, 2017, 06:46:32 PM »
After much deliberation plus input from Slava at Copper State Models the three winners are listed below.

1st.  Ikarus 1916, shot down LVG C II presented by Borsos

2nd. SE5a's No. 74 Tiger Squadron presented by K Karlsen

3rd. Meng FT17 1:16 scale diorama presented by Edo

I would like to congratulate all the winners, competition was of an extremely high standard and selecting the winners was a very difficult task, all of the other entrants were of an equally high level so it was very difficult to split straws.

I will be contacting each of the winners to organise their prizes.

Thanks to everyone who participated in the WW1 diorama GB.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Edo

Re: And the winners are
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 07:26:53 PM »
WOW!
this is really unexpected and astonishing!  ;D
Being selected among such a party of talented modeller is a reward in itself!
I am very happy and proud!
I also wish to thank you, Des, for the oportunity you give each of us to share and comment in a very welcoming site. Your management is most accurate and the effort you put in it is not unnoticed!
Thank you again!
All the Best!
Edo

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2017, 07:50:38 PM »
Congratulations to the three winners! Your dioramas are outstanding and deserve being singled out for the prizes. I totally agree with the judges.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Gisbod

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2017, 08:09:28 PM »
Congrats to all.

This was a lot of work for all and hence beyond my efforts!

Masterpieces

Guy
“Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth -
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.”

P.O. John Gillespie Magee 1941

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2017, 09:04:03 PM »
Congratulations to all the winners and participants, Des' job was not an easy one and I am glad I did not have to choose the top three among such great entries.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 12:19:28 AM by Juan »

Offline Borsos

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2017, 09:32:41 PM »
Dear friends,
I am totally surprised and speecheless. I feel incredible happy and it's a huge honor for me. I am deeply thankfull that you like my modelling and for all the support and the motivation of this fantastic community here. The exchange of ideas and knowledge in this friendly and positive athmosphere is simply fantastic and puts a hobby which normally is mainly done alone behind one's own lonely workbench into a social frame that I enjoy very very much. I'd like to express my deepest gratitude to Des for his great work to provide us this wonderfull digital home of modelling and to underline again how much your motivation and your positive feedback means to me. I always tend to throw a very critical eye on my own models and therefore I am simply overwhelmed that it should be my dio which is selected as the winner among such great modellers here. Thanks again to Des and of course also to all people involved in the organisation of this Group Build!
Borsos
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2017, 12:01:02 AM »
Borsos, Ken, and Edo,
   Congratulations ! Beautiful Dioramas, all, and so well deserving of recognition. The quality of work in all of the submissions is extraordinary, and a fine illustration of the talents of our Members. Well done!
Cheers,
Lance

Bughunter

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2017, 03:33:38 AM »
From my side also a congrats to the winners. All are piece of art!

Cheers,
Frank

Offline Adam

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2017, 06:08:51 AM »
Congratulation to the winners, yours dioramas are masterpieces.

Adam.

Offline kkarlsen

• 'Old modeller' - Trying to catch up!
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2017, 07:04:49 AM »
Thank you so much Des, what an honor! I really appreciate this acknowledgement, my first biplane builds, really? To all who participated in this GB: I know, how hard you have worked, getting these builds together and all of you can be proud of your achievements. There is so much inspiration in your work.
I also think we should commend Des for taking the initiative for this contest.
My personal hope is, that in time the building of aviation dioramas, will get as big as it is with 1 /35 Armour models.
I can truthfully say, the dioramas are what drives the modeling work I'm doing.
I simply need a 'story', preferably a true historical event, to keep the motivation going on these builds.
To me, dioramas are able to 'communicate' something that a book, a movie or even the real 1:1 can't, you can almost 'touch' history. And it's a great learning process all the way!

Thanks once again Des and congratulations to 'Borsos' and 'Edo' - Great job Gent's...  ;)

Regards: Kent Karlsen

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2017, 04:46:08 AM »
My congratulations to our three very worthy winners - superb dioramas in all cases. What wonderful models were produced by all for this competition - and a privilege indeed to have been included among the competitors.

Stephen.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2017, 08:09:16 PM »
A belated congrats to all three of the Stunning winning Dioramas and their builders! I really enjoyed watching all of the hard work of all of the entries coming together.
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler