Author Topic: Photo etch and masks for WNW Camel from Eduard  (Read 1712 times)

Online Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
Re: Photo etch and masks for WNW Camel from Eduard
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 10:27:52 PM »
Nice, now you can paint your own roundels and the PE fills in some nice details.   :D

Online RAGIII

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2017, 11:41:40 PM »
Excellent news! Now if they will do some Masks  for Snipes, SE5as' Fokker DVIIs' etc I will be very Happy  :-X
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Borsos

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2017, 01:40:54 AM »
Good to know, thanks for posting this.
But as HGW produced all their PE sets at eduard's, eduard already did quite much for the steadily growing WNW community... As far as I would guess, eduard and HGW had made a deal not to get in competition to each other.
Borsos
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Online janh

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2017, 04:06:45 AM »
that figures

Bughunter

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2017, 05:45:07 AM »
But as HGW produced all their PE sets at eduard's, eduard already did quite much for the steadily growing WNW community... As far as I would guess, eduard and HGW had made a deal not to get in competition to each other.
Both are working together, I have also HGW fabric seatbelts sold together with PE as a Eduard kit (in 1/48)

The real reason seems to be another one. Eduard mentioned in the July newsletter (released tday) the following:
"These sets are our reaction to a shift in the retail policy at WNW and we are hopeful this will not be the end of it."
How can WNW suppress another one to made additional parts for their kits? Copyright? Who producec the WNW PE, also Eduard?
What does such "retail policy" mean?

Cheers,
Frank

Offline Petie2nd

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2017, 03:53:33 PM »
The "retail policy" is simply referring to WNW changing distribution and allowing sales through retail hobby outlets around the world.

Rich