Author Topic: PHOTOBUCKET CHANGES TERMS OF SERVICE - no image sharing any more.  (Read 8366 times)

Online RAGIII

Re: PHOTOBUCKET CHANGES TERMS OF SERVICE - no image sharing any more.
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2017, 08:40:37 AM »
So here I am testing to make sure I have Flickr under control:

DSCF4624 by Rick Geisler, on Flickr

RAGIII
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 09:10:18 AM by Des »
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2017, 09:13:11 AM »
As I have said in an earlier post, I have been using Postimage for some time now without any issues, it is free and easy to use.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Russell

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2017, 06:07:27 PM »
As I have said in an earlier post, I have been using Postimage for some time now without any issues, it is free and easy to use.

Des.

I've just created a Postimage account & uploaded a few sample images. Very easy as Des said.

Regards
Russell

Offline Gisbod

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2017, 08:38:45 PM »
Yep, just signed up - easy!

Thanks Des
“Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth -
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.”

P.O. John Gillespie Magee 1941

Offline Jamo

• Wellington, NZ
    • My Smugmug album
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2017, 08:59:21 AM »
I felt a great disturbance in the internet forums, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in anguish, and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.
Happy Modelling
James Fahey

Check out my massive photo collection here: https://jamesfahey.smugmug.com/

Offline eclarson

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2017, 09:18:40 AM »
I felt a great disturbance in the internet forums, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in anguish, and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.

LOL!  That pretty much sums it up.  :)

Eric

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2017, 11:13:51 AM »

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Online RAGIII

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2017, 12:08:56 AM »

Clever! and of course true!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Squiffy

• Something up with my banter, chaps?
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2017, 05:20:37 AM »
Evening Chaps!

I haven't been here for a while but this Photobucket malarkey has royally screwed my posts on the model railway forum that I use and I realised that it would have also screwed all my builds on here.

I will be erasing my account with PB as soon as I have retrieved my images (I didn't keep the originals as my hard drive is old, creaky and full to bursting) so those on PB are the only copies that I have. I will not have my images held to ransom by these pirates and the price they are demanding to allow linking to forums is, frankly, daylight robbery!

Other free photo sites are available but I don't trust them, so when I eventually get around to it I will put my photos on my own webspace and link from there. I'm afraid that editing all my posts on here will be too much work but I will start a new thread just for the finished models.

I've been away so long that I bet I've completely missed the WNW Camel. Nevertheless, I still have quite a stash of 1:72 kites to build, plus 4 or 5 WNW kits to build! So, as Arnie said:

I'll be back.  ;D

Offline cduckworth

• My WW1 Models
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2017, 06:16:12 AM »
I just deleted my PB account.  Not worth the trouble.  Will be looking for an alternative as well.
"Look alive. Here comes a buzzard."  Pogo

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2017, 07:48:51 AM »

I will be erasing my account with PB as soon as I have retrieved my images (I didn't keep the originals as my hard drive is old, creaky and full to bursting) so those on PB are the only copies that I have.

Can you let us know how you get on doing that please? I had a brief look at doing it the other day, it looked like it was going to be a lot of work

Richard
Hendon for flying - the fastest way to the ground!

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2017, 10:03:46 AM »
Check your Spam folders in your emails: I found the alert message about this a couple of days ago, AFTER everything went down.

I will be erasing my account with PB as soon as I have retrieved my images
Can you let us know how you get on doing that please? I had a brief look at doing it the other day, it looked like it was going to be a lot of work
In each album scroll down and look on the right side: there's a bunch of links under the heading ACTIONS. One is "Download Album". I had a devil of a time doing it because my home computer wouldn't show the reCAPTCHA security test, but luckily my work PC saw it and let me do it.

And for me I think it's 500+ images which will take a long time to change all my posts with images.
I've been on Photobucket since 2005 or maybe earlier. I've just finished downloading more than 5000 photos - mostly models, airshows and aircraft walkarounds - and re-uploading them to Flickr. Disappointing. And to think that early last week I was almost going to ditch PB in favour of Flickr because of the pop-ups.
Zac in NZ

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2017, 11:07:35 AM »
I always keep a copy of my photos on my computer hard drive, I have over 10,000 at the moment, plus most of these photos are posted on photo hosting sites the main one being Postimage, so if there happens to be a similar situation as with Photobucket I have all my photos on hand to tranfer somewhere else.

Des.

Offline IanB

« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2017, 10:56:31 PM »
I also post only copies on PB, although for some reason, I have found quite a few that are only on there and have had to download them.
 I'm in the process of uploading all my pics to Flickr and updating all my links. I will not be held to ransom,  I shall work to replace them all.

Ian

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2017, 09:35:28 PM »
I had to contact simple machines (the forum host) and asked them to make changes so photos posted from flickr will come in at the 600 x 600 forum setting size, this has now been done so there should not be any further issues.

Des.