Author Topic: What's Up with Eduard's 8425 SPAD Weekend Edition  (Read 1827 times)

Offline skeeterbuck

What's Up with Eduard's 8425 SPAD Weekend Edition
« on: June 30, 2017, 03:53:31 AM »
It seems that Eduard has released yet another version of their SPAD XIII Weekend Edition.

Originally it was Rene Fonck and Frank Luke's markings. But now some dealers are showing Jaques Swaab of the 22nd Aero as the 2nd choice. Any members here know what's going on? I ordered this kit because I wanted to do the Swaab's "MAYER III" version, but when the kit arrived it was the one with Luke's markings. The dealer said they would check with Eduard but no word yet. Strange Huh???

Chuck

Offline errich45

Re: What's Up with Eduard's 8425 SPAD Weekend Edition
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 09:21:04 AM »
Chuck,
Have you found an image of the decal sheet you expected? I wonder if its possible Eduard boxed some kits with the decal from the Revell boxing, which had markings for Fonck and Swaab.

Eduard customer service is generally very good. Maybe contacting them directly is your best option.

Offline skeeterbuck

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 09:03:40 PM »
When I contacted the seller, they said they would check with Eduard to find out what may have happen. If he doesn't get back to me, I will consider contacting Eduard directly.

It does seem strange that Eduard would keep the same kit number but change the boxtop and markings. I think Eduard could have avoided all the confusion if they would have assigned the kit a new number so you could differentiate between the two versions.

Chuck

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2017, 06:47:39 AM »
I want to say that similar happened with one of Eduards albatros profipack boxing. Don't remember off the top of my head  if it was a d.iii or d.v but there is an older profipack and the same kit number for a newer profipack and some decal options and the cover art is the same but some decal schemes are different

Offline hiddeous1973

• Don't worry, Baldrick has a cunning plan !!
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2017, 08:02:14 PM »
I think it was both the D.III and D.V. There have been others as well, Bf 108 and Albatros L29 are 2 that I know of. It is simply a way of selling more kits of the same, original sprues.
Not bad, just business. But not nice if you are looking for that one set of decals.
Maybe the decals can be found elsewhere? or maybe a member has the Profipack version which has all the decal options I think and is willing to trade a set?

Offline errich45

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2017, 04:23:32 AM »
Other than the Revell issue, Aeromaster's 48-075 is the only place I've seen markings for Swaab's 15.
The profi kit I have, (#8196) doesn't have Swaab or Luke markings.