Author Topic: Phönix D.I K.u.K. Kriegsmarine, Special Hobby 1:48  (Read 7864 times)

Bughunter

Re: Phönix D.I K.u.K. Kriegsmarine, Special Hobby 1:48
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2017, 06:42:51 PM »
Hello, nice to get more feedback for this model, since this is a old entry done in May here :D
The model was finished in March 2016, at that time using wood in my models was a very fresh idea.

the front struts are shorter than the struts at the back of the landing gear.
Andreas, thanks for detailed analysis of my model, but as far as I know the gear is right. All the Windsock drawings, also on back side, and many pictures show a longer strut in the front. May be the perspective of that photo is deceptive.

Here is a drawing I found:

Source: http://drawingdatabase.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/phxd1.gif

Cheers,
Frank

Offline Borsos

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2017, 10:13:23 PM »
Oops - Obviously not too well analized... but I seem to have a wheel and undercarriage fetish. And something seemed not to fit the foto.
No doubt, I don't have the WDF, but that drawing proves you right. I found that certain photo you posted, too and it's the only one that can lead one into error:

Strange pic...
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Bughunter

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2017, 10:28:43 PM »
May be that specific machine has a different mounting, done on the field by the mechanics?
There are more pics of that machine in the WDF, but some from a angel, which do not prove it and others after a landing accident, with broken gear.
So I think, on this Phönix one could rotate the gear, but I do not want to do it now on the finished model to avoid problems.

Thanks anyway to point this out.

Have a nice weekend,
Frank