Author Topic: 1/72 5 Lozenge Decals  (Read 1541 times)

Offline Stampesv4c

1/72 5 Lozenge Decals
« on: May 27, 2017, 01:22:52 PM »
I have a 1/72 Hannover CL.IIIa that I want to build, I don't want to go through hand painting the lozenges. Did it on my Fokker DVII that was enough. I was searching the Web and the only one I came up with is the Print Scale Decals from BNA Models.
1: Are Print Scale Decals any good.
2: Is there a better set available with out paying mega dollars for postage to Australia.
3: Any suggestions as to applying lozenges to Fuselage, I use Tamyia Mark Fit normally for decals, would I need anything else to apply these lozenge decals.
4: THANKS for you help.

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
Re: 1/72 5 Lozenge Decals
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 01:29:51 PM »
I've never had any luck with applying Printscale decals.  On the other hand, Aviattic decals are superb.  You can get them here:
http://www.aviattic.co.uk/172-decals1.html

Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Stampesv4c

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2017, 02:31:48 PM »
Thanks will check them out. I just realised the fuselage is a 4 pattern lozenge not a 5 like the wings. Will check with Aviattic.

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2017, 10:37:37 AM »
I saw a build a while back where a guy used 1/32 Lozenge on a 1/72 Hanover build to simulate the large size handpainted polygons on the fuselage. These were usually overlayed with transparent blueish glaze anyway so it worked out well in that case.

Offline Stampesv4c

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2017, 04:43:53 PM »
Thanks never thought of that one, sounds like a good idea, can use the leftovers for other models too.