Author Topic: eduard 1/48 se5a royal class  (Read 2359 times)

Offline ALBATROS1234

eduard 1/48 se5a royal class
« on: May 23, 2017, 07:58:38 AM »
i just saw that eduard released the royal class last week. it has both viper and hisso engined sprues as well as brassin accessories and a steel whiskey flask with engraved rfc logo.13 marking options .

https://www.eduard.com/store/eduard/plastic-kits/se-5a-1-48.html?cur=2&force_sid=c8cf7bfbaf49d8d39c5f3b4db915a730

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
Re: eduard 1/48 se5a royal class
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 08:47:51 AM »
I've got it, Scott, and it's an excellent kit and a very cool boxing.  The flask is very high quality and a fun addition to my collection.  I had also purchased the Viper kit when it was first released and an "over tree", so now I've got 4 Eduard SE5a kits and I'll build them all.  So many variations and I've got the Pheon decal sheet.  Might even do a quintuple build with the WNW Hisso.  That'll be after I finish the FK8 and one of the Caudrons, of course.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 09:41:58 AM »
I've got it, Scott, and it's an excellent kit and a very cool boxing.  The flask is very high quality and a fun addition to my collection.  I had also purchased the Viper kit when it was first released and an "over tree", so now I've got 4 Eduard SE5a kits and I'll build them all.  So many variations and I've got the Pheon decal sheet.  Might even do a quintuple build with the WNW Hisso.  That'll be after I finish the FK8 and one of the Caudrons, of course.
Cheers,
Bud

I'll never catch up...

Ed
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline andonio64

• There's no hurry
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 07:09:05 PM »
Cheers,
Bud

I'll never catch up...

Ed

:-D

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2017, 06:36:41 AM »
I love that flask! It looks like a great package.

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2017, 06:13:58 AM »
Now that sounds impressive, Bud. I sort of had fun with the Eduard Hisso but really must get my hands on the Eduard Royal edition, if only to match their D.VII equivalent.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2017, 10:20:37 AM »
I thought Eduard only released the viper engines kit as the standalone profipak?

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2017, 01:38:29 PM »
Check out the sprues, Scott.  Both kits have exactly the same plastic.  The only difference is the decals.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence