Author Topic: Mikr Mir Fokker E.V / D.VIII  (Read 43259 times)

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
Re: Mikr Mir Fokker E.V / D.VIII
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2017, 05:58:41 AM »
Safe travels Lance, the Lancaster experience needs to go on my bucket list.   :D

Juan,   
      If you are still in South Carolina there's a flying Lanc reasonably close to you at the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum in Hamilton, Ontario. I've seen it fly many times, once from the air, and it's a real thrill. The sound as it flies by if you're on the ground is unforgettable! An outstanding Museum as well..........................Bucket List Holiday some time?? ;)

http://www.warplane.com/aircraft/collection/details.aspx?aircraftId=4

Cheers,
Lance

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2017, 07:16:31 AM »
Thanks Lance, will keep that in mind when travelling to your beautiful land.  Regards from SC

Offline steveb

« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2017, 12:23:45 PM »
Very nice work on that interior. Love the finish on the floor!

Steve

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2017, 11:31:05 PM »
    Thanks for looking in and commenting Steve. I got the fuselage halves together with the bottom yesterday, not a real pretty result so lots of filling and sanding to go.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2017, 02:18:21 AM »
    Thanks for looking in and commenting Steve. I got the fuselage halves together with the bottom yesterday, not a real pretty result so lots of filling and sanding to go.
Cheers,
Lance

I also had to do a bit of filling on the underside seams! Sounds like you have yours whipped now  ::)
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2017, 06:44:55 AM »
Beautiful work on the cockpit Lance, looking forward to seeing more.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2017, 12:23:06 AM »
gorgeous thus far looks like a great model in the works

Bughunter

« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2017, 05:40:41 AM »
Lance, I will follow. The most interesting part will be the wing coloring ;D
The lozenge fabric looks great!

Cheers,
Frank

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2017, 05:59:51 AM »
    Thanks all, for your compliments and encouragements! I'm a bit "stalled out" at present, travel and attendance at the Annual Western Canadian Regional Show and contest and some real life responsibilities to catch up on once back have stopped all desk activity for nearly a week, hopefully I'll get moving again in a day or two!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2017, 01:19:57 AM »
     Finally more progress on this Build, it's a rather slow go as the work arounds to this basic Kit continue. The wing assembly was rough with lots of filling and priming required. I used Squadron Green stuff for filler on the joints and Tamiya Surface Primer followed by sanding, more primer, and a final finishing with wet and dry paper.

...... and the final results. The panel lines were roughly re-scribed as well.

The horizontal stabilizer needed some recessing as well to achive a decent fit to the fuselage.

The fuselage which had been previously assembled required considerable sanding and filling as the joints were very poorly matched.

At this point I elected to work on finishing up the cockpit with the addition of the gun synchronization cables, the missing cross frame member behind the ammunition magazine, and the lone instrument on the rudder assembly support frame.

The rough attachments of the sync. cables will be hidden once the upper deck is added.

The final addition will be the two cables (guns and throttle) and stick grip to the control stick. The upper cowling and engine firewall and cowling are in the cleanup stage. Once they are finished I need to get the lower nose cowling access panel "scratched" and added to the fuselage before installing the upper cowling.

It's a slow process however there's no rush as I hope to get her to the painted and decal ready stage and then push her to the back of the hangar while I await those much looked forward to Pheon markings!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2017, 01:28:28 AM »
Great work on another EV.
Steve
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 01:33:04 AM by pepperman42 »

Offline Borsos

« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2017, 01:29:26 AM »
Looks like much sanding work that you managed perfectly, Lance.
Very nice progress!
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2017, 01:37:20 AM »
Thanks Borsos!
Steve, it's tempting however my AMS factor hasn't registered that as a priority............... yet! The plastic is very brittle and my grinding skills are not quite up to that challenge at this point. I am thinking of how to use some subtle shading to provide some "ripples though............ :-\ :P

Cheers,
Lance

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2017, 02:28:55 AM »
A lot of work there to improve a basic kit: but it seems to me that your grinding and sanding skills have had considerable practice recently and to excellent effect. The cockpit looks most convincing - an excellent example of your modelling skill.

Stephen.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2017, 02:58:07 AM »
Thanks Stephen, your compliments and comments are always a pleasure to receive. I must admit the bench hasn't seen this much plastic dust and shavings for quite some time!
Cheers,
Lance