Author Topic: Albatross triple set coming from WNW  (Read 12650 times)

Offline stevie g

Albatross triple set coming from WNW
« on: May 13, 2017, 08:06:38 PM »
Just seen this on the WNW website, looks really cool and a must for anyone who missed out on the individual boxings. But regarding Wingnuts take on when OOP kits where to be reissued......and what was supposed to be included......well, I'm not gonna say it......but you all know what I am thinking.
     That aside, top effort from WNW, I'm sure these are going to sell like the proverbial hot cakes...

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
Re: Albatross triple set coming from WNW
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 08:18:06 PM »
Three kits with 11 Jasta 5 markings is awesome.

Offline OEFFAG 153

• Just another Wingnutter
    • Terfors Creative
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2017, 10:28:31 PM »
Three kits with 11 Jasta 5 markings is awesome.

Hear, hear!  :D
Building the WnW Hansa W.12 and Junkers D.1.

Offline 53ryder

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2017, 10:35:46 PM »
So how much for this trio? +$250? I like the idea, not sure I'll be enamored with the price.

Glenn

Offline Juan

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2017, 11:40:12 PM »
So how much for this trio? +$250? I like the idea, not sure I'll be enamored with the price.

Glenn

Hi Glen, MSRP is $189 ($63.33/kit) so not too bad.  Looking forward to the release.

Offline 53ryder

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2017, 12:07:05 AM »
Thanks for the info! Price per kit is okay!

Glenn

Offline Monty

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2017, 05:24:31 AM »
Please remember a single DV went for 250+USD on e-bay recently... And Albatross decal sheets are available from WNW... some great schemes... and every kit has parts for a DV or DVa... A real bargain.... Enjoy! Regards Marc

Offline Eric Armstrong

• Expectation is a prison
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2017, 05:40:25 AM »
Thanks for the info! Price per kit is okay!

Glenn

Price per kit is fantastic, when you consider that both versions of the Albatros DV/DVa can be build out of each kit and there are eleven different new decal versions offered, 10 of which are not available in 1/32 scale anywhere else.  The price works out to being just about $5.00 dollars per kit over the original price of $59.00 when these kits were first released back long ago.  Great value for your bucks.
Honor Necessity

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2017, 09:02:01 AM »
So are we saying that all 3 of these kits contain the alternate ailerons, control stick and other minor differences that were part of the original DV and DVa releases? If so then this is certainly a bargain!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline macsporran

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2017, 09:48:31 AM »
Yes, look at the parts display in the instruction booklet over on the Wingnuts site.
Wish they'd included both in the previous Alb releases!
S

Offline Juan

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2017, 10:15:09 AM »
So are we saying that all 3 of these kits contain the alternate ailerons, control stick and other minor differences that were part of the original DV and DVa releases? If so then this is certainly a bargain!
RAGIII
Three full sets each of of the aileron sprue + 3 full sets of PE covering both versions, then 3 sets of decals for upper and lower lozenge plus rib tapes that if purchased separately from their site...   (you can do the math).  I agree with Rick that when everything is taken into account, this is a great value.

Online petrov27

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2017, 11:16:42 AM »
Wow - yeah I am surprised it comes with all that - looks like quite the kit-set!
-Patrick

Offline stevie g

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2017, 03:46:24 PM »
Makes you wonder what could be next....a British triple set maybe ? RE8, DH2, Tripe,.........anyone ?

Offline aliluke

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2017, 05:26:48 PM »
An idea for these releases would be to form a local group - 3 people (in this case) who couldn't afford or even have time to build the trilogy but wanted to build at least 1. Do the same for the duelists sets. Buy the kit and then distribute the parts - a group build! Nothing dodgy about this.

I'd be in for that for the Albatross set with any two others on this forum in New Zealand where I live. We'd have to choose our preferred schemes and then maybe draw straws for the favourites but you get a sold out kit for about what it originally cost...Any takers?

Cheers
Alistair
It ain't a hobby if you have to hurry.

Offline Ian from Doncaster

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2017, 08:59:16 PM »
I have got a few of the WNW Albie decal sheet sets, now I may get the chance to use them, eventually!