Author Topic: Wingnut Wings (direct) sales are back!  (Read 4227 times)

The Red Baron

Wingnut Wings (direct) sales are back!
« on: May 11, 2017, 03:14:13 PM »
Looks like you can now order straight off their site again. Back to the good old days  8)

Also, ALL of the alternative DVII manufacturer sprues are available as accessories!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 03:37:06 PM by The Red Baron »

Offline petrov27

Re: Wingnut Wings (direct) sales are back!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 10:09:57 PM »
Very cool! Also see that the new LeRhone 9J/Oberursel UR2 and Gnome 9N sprues from the Camel kits will be available soon - will be useful for quite a few Roden subjects there for a little upgrade
-Patrick

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 10:25:14 PM »
All great news.  Look also at the decal section as some of the kit decals are available again (especially the LVG).   ;D

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2017, 03:36:45 AM »
   This is great news, the LVG Decals are a "must" for me for the Duellist Kit LVG. By coincidence I spent my bench time yesterday looking for an After Market Oberursel Ur.II for the Mikr Mir Fokker E.V / D.VIII and only found the Vector one. I'm assuming the Le Rhone 9J from the Wingnut Wings Camel Kit would be a correct and better replacement for the Mikr Mir supplied one. Any informed advice on that issue would be welcome!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline petrov27

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2017, 04:10:02 AM »
Yes I believe the WNW "LeRhone/Oberursel" sprue would be accurate for the EV/DVIII - comes with different front parts for each (part 1 is LeRhone, 2 is Oberursel)

I plan to snap a few of those up as soon as available for just this purpose....
-Patrick

Offline Russell

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2017, 05:04:14 AM »
   This is great news, the LVG Decals are a "must" for me for the Duellist Kit LVG. By coincidence I spent my bench time yesterday looking for an After Market Oberursel Ur.II for the Mikr Mir Fokker E.V / D.VIII and only found the Vector one. I'm assuming the Le Rhone 9J from the Wingnut Wings Camel Kit would be a correct and better replacement for the Mikr Mir supplied one. Any informed advice on that issue would be welcome!
Cheers,
Lance

Copper State Models do an excellent resin Ur.II

Regards
Russell
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 08:42:05 AM by Russell »

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2017, 07:00:54 AM »
Yes I believe the WNW "LeRhone/Oberursel" sprue would be accurate for the EV/DVIII - comes with different front parts for each (part 1 is LeRhone, 2 is Oberursel)

I plan to snap a few of those up as soon as available for just this purpose....

I like the dual engine sprue. I was wondering what kit WNW has produced that used a URII ? Like others have said I will use it with the Mikro Mir EV and perhaps a Roden DR1.
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2017, 07:44:40 AM »
Cheers,
Lance

Cooper State Models do an excellent resin Ur.II

Regards
Russell

Thank you Russell, I knew that before I forgot it!! Old minds work in strange ways, I'll be looking into that one for sure.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2017, 07:48:38 AM »

"I like the dual engine sprue. I was wondering what kit WNW has produced that used a URII ? Like others have said I will use it with the Mikro Mir EV and perhaps a Roden DR1."
RAGIII

.........  or perhaps what Kit they might produce that would use a URII?! Now there's an interesting thought................ ??? ::)
Cheers,
Lance

Offline mike in calif

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2017, 01:01:23 AM »
We can also get Albie decals again, but no DVII decals, so they remain elusive.

Offline Jamo

• Wellington, NZ
    • My Smugmug album
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2017, 09:03:38 AM »
There are heaps of spare decals out there in basements and cupboards. Try asking on a few different places.
WNW set 30003 is still available and very nice too.
There is also Pheon and Lifelike decals. Spoiled for choice I say
Cheers
James
Happy Modelling
James Fahey

Check out my massive photo collection here: https://jamesfahey.smugmug.com/

Offline aliluke

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2017, 05:17:47 PM »
The one trick with ordering direct from Wingnut as I've just found is that the US$ price tag leaves you not knowing what you are actually going to pay. So my last order is NZ$70 higher for two kits than I anticipated. It is also NZ$50 higher than if I'd bought off another retailer in NZ. That sucks.

It seems weird to me - living in Wellington, NZ - that I pay in US$ and then probably get hit with exchange fees or whatever extras which fall into other hands - probably a bank somewhere. Not knowing what you are actually going to be of pocket for when you order locally seems crazy.  >:(

I won't be ordering off them ever again (famous last words  ;D).

Alistair

It ain't a hobby if you have to hurry.