Author Topic: Help needed for Sopwith 2F.1 Camel N6812  (Read 1751 times)

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
Help needed for Sopwith 2F.1 Camel N6812
« on: May 02, 2017, 11:31:49 AM »
As the title reads, I'm requesting help with N6812 flown by Stuart Culley on 11 August, 1918, when he shot down Zepellin L.53.  The WNW kit does not provide much info on the twin Lewis gun arrangement mounted on the center section, top plane, but this is the way I want to build my 2F.1.  This aircraft is on display in this configuration at the Imperial War Museum, but she's suspended from the ceiling and therefore I was unable to get any good photos while I was there.  Does anyone have any photos or drawings of this arrangement that they would care to share with me?  It looks like a fairly simple mount, but I want to get it right.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  TIA.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
Re: Help needed for Sopwith 2F.1 Camel N6812
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 02:40:11 PM »
Anyone?
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 03:12:48 PM »
Hope these help Bud

Des.

Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2017, 11:08:12 PM »
Thanks, Des!  Saved!
Cheers,
Bud