Author Topic: Scottish National Model Show  (Read 2147 times)

Online macsporran

Scottish National Model Show
« on: April 30, 2017, 02:41:22 AM »
Just back from day one of the ScotNats at Dewars Ice Rink in Perth (the original Perth that is, not the upstart copy in WA :) )

While it was fairly disappointing from a WWI point of view - only one WNW (DFW) in the competition, and only a smattering of smaller scale biplanes there, the IPMS Great War SIG did help restore things a little.

However, what was very noticeable was that two vendors displayed the full range of Wingnut kits, with all the new Camels at 65GBP each on one stand. Other traders had a few odd ones too.

At last, I can open a WNW box, have a look and decide whether to buy there and then without having to factor in import taxes, shipping, etc. Hooray!
S

Offline Syd Solo

Re: Scottish National Model Show
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 11:03:10 PM »
No pics?

Cheers from upstart Perth.

Syd

Online macsporran

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 02:29:52 AM »
Hey Syd
Sorry for any derogation - I just get hacked off when I put Perth into Wikipedia or Google maps expecting to see The Fair City fifteen miles away from where I live and up pops a street map of somewhere on the other side of the planet!!! Given that the one here was a settlement in 4000BC and was granted a Royal Charter way back in the 12th century, it seems a wee bit disrespectful - hence "Upstart" :)

I didn't take my camera but there is always good coverage on the show's facebook page. Worth a  look as this is a big show over two days and lots of good and varied stuff this year.

https://www.facebook.com/scotnats/

Cheers
Sandy

Offline Syd Solo

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2017, 11:28:11 AM »
Sandy

No offence was taken by me. I thought it was amusing. Here in WA (not to be confused with Washington state, USA) we also have cities and towns named Albany, Derby, York, Victoria Park, Bayswater and racetracks named Ascot and Belmont! It's just our British heritage.
I have been to gracious Perth, Scotland, and it is a beautiful and historic city. And I actually like haggis. But not scotch.

I'll have a look at the Facebook pics.

All the best from the other younger, sunnier, larger, shiny and newer Perth. At risk of possibly irritating you further, I think the City of Perth (the Australian variety) also has its own registered tartan!
I am now ducking for cover.

Many regards

Syd

Online macsporran

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2017, 05:16:13 PM »
Similarly, absolutely no irritation here either. I think we have much in common, there'll be a lot of Scots DNA in your average Aussie`s genes I would wager, Hell, we might be related!
No surprises about the tartan, the guys in the tourist shops can find an "authentic" clan tartan for Chinese and Russian customers and will create and register a design for anything from a club to a country.
BTW Both Perth shows look great, wish I could have attended both!
S