Author Topic: 1/32 Fokker EV/DVIII decals  (Read 18837 times)

Offline rowan broadbent

1/32 Fokker EV/DVIII decals
« on: April 15, 2017, 11:50:52 PM »
MikroMir have just released a revised kit using, it seems, plastic from the Avis kit (with newly designed wing mouldings) with new photoetch and decals.

While waiting for the Camel to arrive.... I've begun work on a set of decals for this kit, which will include, amongst others, the full range of Jasta 6 individual markings, with Jasta tail stripes and cowling 'petals'.

My kit is on its way from the Ukraine, final adjustments to the decal tailoring must await its arrival, of course, but I hope to get these printed quite quickly. Update with profiles soon!
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything – that’s how the light gets in

Leonard Cohen

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
Re: 1/32 Fokker EV/DVIII decals
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 12:13:28 AM »
Thank you so much, the decals from the kit look sketchy and these will be a most welcome addition to the return of this Fokker.

Offline Suffolk Lad

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 12:18:36 AM »
Great news Rowan, any idea of a time scale?

Tug

Offline rowan broadbent

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 12:50:42 AM »
Hi Tug,

That will depend on how quickly the supplier in Ukraine gets the kit to me (no word on it being sent yet) and then I need time to tailor the decals to the plastic. I'm also into hospital for an op in eight days, so if that goes well I should be back at the keyboard in five days or so after that, they reckon. Then we get the artwork to the printers and join the queue - print lead times vary..... four to six weeks from then, maybe. So a few ifs and buts in there. Whatever, I hope that these won't take the year or so that the post-war Ninacks have taken!

Leonard Cohen

Offline TobyCoulson

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2017, 01:33:25 AM »
I was sort of unsure whether to get this kit or not but the fact you're doing some decals for it has made my mind up to get one.  :)
Ale should be drunk out of a glass. Lager should be drunk out of desperation

Offline Rob_Owens

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2017, 01:53:14 AM »
Great news & just the supplier I'd hoped would tackle the job!! Now I can toss the scans of the AviS & Battle Axe kit decals I made, as I won't be forced to improvise my own!

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2017, 03:45:23 AM »
I AM ALL IN for a set! If you need a pre payment let me know!!! I may even put my current Avis build on hold until you are ready! Thank You Rowan for all you do. You have made My DAY!!!!!
RAGIII
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 03:49:56 AM by RAGIII »
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline seiran01

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2017, 04:09:06 AM »
That's great news Rowan, 100% I'll be buying a set. Hope your operational is for nothing too serious and goes as well as it can.
Mike Swinburne

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2017, 04:19:39 AM »
Hi, Rowan, as I am not such a big fan of the D.VIII, I shall wait for the Camel decals. By the way: How's your work on this set coming along?
All the best for the OP, by the way!
Richard

Offline Borsos

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2017, 04:31:44 AM »
I also cross my fingers for your OP and wish you all the best.
To get two new decal sets in the nearer future is great news!
Borsos
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline mike in calif

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2017, 05:49:57 AM »
First, I hope your op goes well, and you heal nicely.
 I have two of these coming, so am in the qeue, so to say.

Offline Suffolk Lad

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2017, 06:00:53 AM »
Hi Tug,

That will depend on how quickly the supplier in Ukraine gets the kit to me (no word on it being sent yet) and then I need time to tailor the decals to the plastic. I'm also into hospital for an op in eight days, so if that goes well I should be back at the keyboard in five days or so after that, they reckon. Then we get the artwork to the printers and join the queue - print lead times vary..... four to six weeks from then, maybe. So a few ifs and buts in there. Whatever, I hope that these won't take the year or so that the post-war Ninacks have taken!

Thanks for the reply Rowan - can't promise I can wait that long so won't commit to an order herewith but even so will use your lozenge decal if not  :) That said of course I won't be picking it up straight away so that may change

Hope your op goes well, all the best for a speedy recovery.

Tug

Offline Jamo

• Wellington, NZ
    • My Smugmug album
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2017, 07:44:22 AM »
That is exciting news Rowan!. Could there be room for a Saxon coat of arms?
Cheers
James

Happy Modelling
James Fahey

Check out my massive photo collection here: https://jamesfahey.smugmug.com/

Online petrov27

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2017, 02:54:44 AM »
Hi Rowan - any updates on the eta for this decal set or the subjects that will be depicted? Also interested if there is any news on the Camel sets....

Thankya!
-Patrick

Offline rowan broadbent

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2017, 07:24:31 PM »
The decals for the Mikro Mir/Avis Fokker E.V kit are now with the printers. In the end I couldn't bear to whittle them down to just one set, so there will be two. The markings are all precisely  tailored to fit the Mikro Mir/Avis kit, including fuselage bands and chevrons, cowling “petals”, tail stripes and the entire fuselage diamonds for Sachsenberg’s yellow and black EV :

32061 Fokker E.V, Volume 1 has the five known Jasta 6 examples (with two full sets of Jasta 6 tail, wheel and cowling markings), one example from an unknown Jasta and a full set of black diamond markings for Ltn.z.S.Sachsenberg's machine, as well as our interpretation of the cowling “eyes” seen in the photograph. 4 additional Fokker style serial number sets are also included and one full set of national markings. Options are:
1.   154/18 Jasta 6 August 1918.
2.   153/18 Jasta 6, Ltn Richard Wenzl, Jasta commander from 10 August to 9 September 1918.
3.   151/18 Jasta 6, pilot Gefreiter Kurt Blümener, August 1918.
4.   Serial not known, Oblt z SGotthard Sachsenberg, CO of Marine Feldjagdstaffel Nr.I, August 1918.
5.   152/18 Jasta 6, August 1918.
6.   132/18, unit not known. Handed over to 1 Sqn, Canadian Air Force post-war.
7.   156/18 Jasta 6, note lightning flash repeated on top decking.

32062 Fokker E.V Volume 2 includes 3 from various Jasta, one from Poland and two from (probably) Marine Jastas. Includes one full set of German national markings and a full set of Polish markings, including the red rudder top and outlined chequer boards for fuselage and wings (correct for 001). Options are:
1.   Serial not known, Jasta 36. Blue nose and possibly tail surfaces. Alternative fuselage band with red stars included.
2.   Serial not known, probably  from Jasta 8
3.   Serial not known, Jasta 24, Offz.-Stv. Friedrich Altemeir.
4.   187/18  001 of 7 Eskadra Lotnicza, Polish Air Force, 1919.
5.   Serial not known, unidentified Marine Feld Jasta. Alternative white "3" included.
6.   Serial and unit not known, possibly  a MFJ. Chevron colours speculative.

NB Second opion revised 24/05/2017 to show striped fin as well as tailplane/elevators

An assembly jig for the top wing and undercarriage is included in each set as self-adhesive labels, to be applied to 2mm+ card. The jig parts may then be cut out and glued together. We hope this will prove a popular and useful aid, given the multiplicity of individual thin struts and precarious nature of the top wing mounting. 

Prices are: 32061 - £11.75 and 32062 - £14.25.

Pre-order BOTH sets before the end of June for a total price of £20.00.

As usual, we charge a flat shipping rate for each order. Full details and pre-order forms will be on our website in the next couple of days. Delivery expected by mid July.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 06:42:35 AM by rowan broadbent »

Leonard Cohen