Author Topic: New 1/32 Fokker D.VIII??  (Read 4244 times)

Offline Nanks

New 1/32 Fokker D.VIII??
« on: April 13, 2017, 03:13:16 PM »
Never heard of this manufacturer before, but they have a forthcoming D.VIII it would appear, good for those who are having trouble sourcing the Avis kit, Hannants has it in their future releases https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/MM32-001
"Get a shot off fast, this upsets him long enough to get your second shot perfect" Lazarus Long

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
Re: New 1/32 Fokker D.VIII??
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 08:56:52 PM »
The people selling on eBay state will ship April 20 (pre-order), some also have pictures of content including plastic, decals and PE.

Offline petrov27

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 10:06:53 PM »
Wow the decal with this appears to have an Udet scheme with the LO! marking - I assume this is a conjectural scheme? Can't say I ever heard that a D.VIII carried those markings?
-Patrick

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2017, 11:54:26 PM »
This is a re make/ re issue of the Avis Kit with some PE added and new decals. They also said the wing was new. See this thread for more info:

http://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?topic=8303.0

RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline TobyCoulson

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2017, 02:55:32 AM »
This is a re make/ re issue of the Avis Kit with some PE added and new decals. They also said the wing was new. See this thread for more info:

RAGIII
The link I posted from Scalemates on the other thread suggested it was a brand new tooling.
Ale should be drunk out of a glass. Lager should be drunk out of desperation

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2017, 09:34:06 AM »

RAGIII
The link I posted from Scalemates on the other thread suggested it was a brand new tooling.

The Sprue Shots Posted in multiple places show this to be the Avis Plastic. That being said the Avis Plastic is good!  8)
RAGIII

Offline Rob_Owens

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2017, 12:03:11 PM »
Rags is right; the sprue/parts layout is exactly the same as the AviS kit, right down to the "bare" LMG 08's for which AviS did not include PE jackets.

Offline mike in calif

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2017, 12:36:24 PM »
Now included.

Offline Nanks

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2017, 05:14:02 PM »
Hmmm just have to decide whether to buy it and risk the wrath of the wife or await the wingnut wings kit and risk her wrath....
"Get a shot off fast, this upsets him long enough to get your second shot perfect" Lazarus Long

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2017, 11:58:44 PM »
Hmmm just have to decide whether to buy it and risk the wrath of the wife or await the wingnut wings kit and risk her wrath....

Mine is on the way from the Ukraine. I originally missed the Limited run Avis kit and for years felt that a release from WNW was imminent :o I finally started seriously looking for the Avis kit a few months ago and luckily found one. Knowing I want to do another I was not willing to miss another "Limited" run! So the short answer IMHO is don't hesitate too long  ;D
RAGIII

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2017, 02:30:40 AM »
Agree with Rick, they are selling fast on eBay (supposed to be limited to a run of 500)

Offline Nanks

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2017, 04:14:01 PM »
Ordered!

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2017, 11:06:45 PM »
   The listing is now showing as expired, I waited too long! I've registered an "EMail me when in stock" notice with Hannants. I need to act faster on these opportunities!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Russell

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2017, 12:23:09 AM »
   The listing is now showing as expired, I waited too long! I've registered an "EMail me when in stock" notice with Hannants. I need to act faster on these opportunities!
Cheers,
Lance

There are others listed on eBay though. I ordered one this morning as I thought it was worth a try at the price.

Regards
Russell

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2017, 03:27:23 AM »
   Thanks Russell, I'll take a look!
Cheers,
Lance