Author Topic: Greetings from South Dakota  (Read 2302 times)

Offline HHaase

Greetings from South Dakota
« on: March 31, 2017, 03:14:49 AM »
You know, I think I may have found me an aircraft related forum that I like.   Nice format and feel here,  so I'll give it a whirl.

In the past I was mainly an armor guy in 1/35,  but I've drifted over toward planes again, and after a bit of a hiatus due to a cross country move, I'm getting back into building again.   
I've been bouncing back and forth between 1/72nd and 1/48,  depending on the kit and the mood.  Some day I'll work up the courage to build those Eduard DH-2's I have in the stash,  and this WNW FE2B,  but as much as I love the look of pushers I'm just not comfortable building them yet.

I did dig this cute little Eduard Nieuport out of storage to clean up and fix,  and there's a Copper State Dolphin on the way.  I'm also refinishing a terrible build I did on a Roden SE5A,  but I'm not quire ready to show it here until the new decals show up and I start repainting it. So you'll be seeing some build threads and things from me as time goes on. 

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
Re: Greetings from South Dakota
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 06:50:07 AM »
Hello and welcome to the forum, you will find that we have a very friendly and helpful bunch of modelers here, looking forward to your participation with the forum and its members.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 10:20:24 PM »
Welcome to the Forum from the Mountains of North Carolina! Your Nieuport looks excellent and I am looking forward to the promised threads. You will find this to be the friendliest and most supportive site on the NET!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 12:08:20 AM »
   Welcome to the very best of all Model Aircraft Forums, you'll find all the inspiration, advice, and plain friendly support you'll need here to get active in the Hobby again.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2017, 12:13:47 AM »
Welcome to the forum, H  8)
Enjoy!

von B

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2017, 05:42:32 PM »
Hello and welcome to this wonderful forum. I'm sure you'll find much here to inspire you and it is such a friendly place.

As for those Eduard DH.2s, they can look very daunting but do build up beautifully and, with a steady hand and some patience, the rigging adds so much.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline Monty

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2017, 11:03:02 PM »
Welcome to the forum! That Nieuport is really nice, I think you could easily make this you modelling home! Good to have you joining in! Marc.

Offline IanB

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2017, 11:11:08 PM »
Welcome aboard! Feel free to ask any questions, there are many here only too willing to offer help and advice if needed.

Ian

Online pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2017, 11:40:10 PM »
Enjoy the site!!!!

Steve

Offline HHaase

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2017, 03:06:45 AM »
Holy moly, take a weekend away from the computer, and things get busy!

I appreciate the well-wishes, and look forward to getting my first build started here pretty soon.
Just waiting for a package from Latvia

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2017, 03:53:45 AM »
Welcome!  You'll not find a more helpful and supportive group anywhere.  That CSM Dolphin is a superb kit.  You're gonna love it.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline HHaase

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2017, 03:26:05 AM »
Ok, one oddball question, but I know how forums can be with their social norms.

WW1 aircraft with post-war schemes,  something I should avoid, or something that would be welcomed?
I've a Roden SE5A that I'll be re-painting shortly in Chilean markings,  and vastly prefer the post-war schemes on Bristol F.2B's

-Hans

Offline Manni

• Der Militärmodellbauer
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2017, 02:55:27 PM »
Hello Hans, welcome to this great forum. Looking forward of your next project, the Nieuport looks very good.
Bye,
Manni
"Ich hab' da mal was vorbereitet.": Jean Pütz
"Warum noch mehr Bausätze?!?": meine Frau