Author Topic: raf pc10/pc11  (Read 1903 times)

Offline poshboy

raf pc10/pc11
« on: March 24, 2017, 04:40:55 PM »
hello all now I'm sure this question has been asked many times but was pc 10 made up of yellow and black pigments or was it more complex than that.ive started building eduards new se5 and would like to know what would be the bes colours to use to get the right shade,im using Vallejo acrylics.any help is most welcome.thank you. ;D

Offline ALBATROS1234

Re: raf pc10/pc11
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 10:14:20 PM »
Yea its been discussed to death various places online. Did you google it. There was one site that many of us who have been doing the forum thing regarding ww1 aircraft for a while used to be members of in which the actual formulation was discussedin detail several times by some members and experts several times. Im sure these archives can be found quite easily.

Online macsporran

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 11:30:52 PM »
Take some shade of olive green and some shade of chocolate brown. Mix in any proportion that appeals. Add a very small touch of anything else that occurs to you.
Not being facetious - I think you would find an aeroplane somewhere on the British side of the lines that would be the exact shade that you've arrived at. If anybody tells you they have the definitive colour, ignore them. The real stuff was mixed to different degrees of tolerance and then subjected to harsh sun, stains and weather.
This is what appeals so much about PC10, it is the subtlest of hues, capable of infinite variety - a perfect foil in the display cabinet for the primary colours on the circus machines.
S

Offline poshboy

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 06:09:21 AM »
thank you both for your replys albatros1234 and macsporren I did google it after I posted the massage and a whole welth of info came up and to be honest it has been talked over and over and over.i think ill just go with what looks right.thanks again chaps. ;D

Offline mike in calif

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2017, 01:38:41 AM »
"50 shades of PC-10" the book that started it all.
 "50 shades of Olive Drab" the sequel.  (WWII US bombers)

Offline Berman

Re: raf pc10/pc12
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2017, 06:44:25 AM »
While on the subject, is there a list of which British aircraft were painted PC10 and which were painted PC 12? For aircraft that were first painted PC10 and later production planes painted PC12, is there a list of starting serial numbers for those aircraft when the transition took place?

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2017, 08:18:10 PM »
No list that i know of. You just gotta check refs. Many like thw sopwith triplane ,re8 etcwere coated in both . Se5a more si in pc-10. Its an individual endeaver